• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

5th after the first round with UTSA, BYU, and BU having the ability to catch up and pass us.

Polly Mack from Bama doubles #1, bogies #2, then posts 10 birdies, including her last 7 holes in a row.

Looks like they had some trouble with the 2nd hole. 357 overall, so not sure what the deal is but a couple of doubles and a bogey there. Clean that up and the girls are right there.

Not a great start, but right in there. Somewhere around E tomorrow should get them inside the top 4 I'd think.

-3 for the day so far and back to +1 overall for the tournament back into the top 4. 3 clear of A&M and 6 clear of UTSA while only 2 back of Vandy for 3rd.

Girls played the second hole in only +1, so they are good listeners. They are hanging tough out there.

Triple brought us back down, but still solidly in 4th place it looks like. Another solid day tomorrow should be enough to squeeze through.

Lauren Walsh -1 on the back with 4 birdies and a triple. That's golf.

Lost some momentum on the back as a team but still 5 ahead of 5th. Tied for the second best score today.

At Wake we're used to being the underdog and always surprised when good things happen. Wake women's golf isn't of that mode; they are a national power and have a goal every year of competing for a national championship (like Duke basketball). With high expectations come pressure and I think you've seen that in our first couple rounds. Having said that I expect all to play well tomorrow and Rachael to go low and advance.

At Wake we're used to being the underdog and always surprised when good things happen. Wake women's golf isn't of that mode; they are a national power and have a goal every year of competing for a national championship (like Duke basketball). With high expectations come pressure and I think you've seen that in our first couple rounds. Having said that I expect all to play well tomorrow and Rachael to go low and advance.

I agree. They were really rolling yesterday until a few bad hole on the back 9. Without some of those mistakes, we could easily be in 2nd place.

Good take Shake.

Yep. A little unfair given that only 4 teams advance.

Anybody can bid on a golf regional. Wake Forest women host one at Bermuda Run in 2024, and the Men's team hosts at the same location in 2026. Pretty sure the list of courses willing to host would be slashed to next to nothing if you didn't allow teams to bid on (and play at) regionals hosted on their home courses. It was hard enough to find courses willing to give up 4-5 days of play to host an event in pre-COVID times, now that golf is booming that ask is even tougher. They do a good job rotating them around the country, but you still need willing host courses.

Outstanding start to jump into 2nd and 8 clear of qualification through 5 holes.

Lopez-Chacarra is on FIRE today, but Lauren Walsh is +4 today (+5 on the par 5s) which kind of limits their margin for error. Duke now on outside looking in, but lots of golf left.

ETA: Carolina is -5 through 7. What a boss. Wake moves to 2nd place at -5, Bama 3rd at -4 and A&M in 4th at +1.

Last edited:
It is really 5 teams for 4 spots now. Realistically, it should just be Duke and TAMU fighting it out for the last spot, but strange things can happen in college sports.

Back