• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women finish 9th and Men 16th

Not sure what Haas said but something has lit a fire under the boys at least early on. Let's hope they keep it up and don't fold like a cheap tent when it matters.

As I said earlier in the week - it's a long tournament and we are clearly a very high ceiling, low floor type team. Let's just keep putting red on the scorecard.

Now -9 on the day, 3 clear of Utah, 1 behind BYU, and 3 behind ND. Lots of golf left but you couldn't ask for a better start.

And Brennan is +1 of all things. Team effort.

Just perusing through the top ten, the following schools are currently outside the cut line:

3. Arizona State
8. Arkansas (they're in our regional)
10. Washington

Bama is 9th and in a 3 way tie for 4th, so could be in some danger there too.

Kind of interesting that Utah is also playing quite well today while currently dropping their #1 player's score.

This thing is far from over, it would be nice to pass BYU too to get a little extra room.

Just tied up with ND as well. This last 9 is going to be interesting for several teams

Alright let's go boys. - tied for third. Need Brennan to raise the floor a bit on the drop score. Hell of an effort so far from our 2-5 guys.

Basically a 4 for 3 type deal now. I expect ND to keep falling honestly overall - they are on the front nine first though, so not exactly apples to apples.

Brennan is even through 5 holes, lol he is fine. Rest of the team is just on fire which is great.

Brennan is even through 5 holes, lol he is fine. Rest of the team is just on fire which is great.
Right, but I expect at least one of the four guys to drop a couple, so we need him to at least be there to not have it be a 4-5 stroke deficit when that happens.

Yeah I agree, but I think he'll be fine. He's early in a round and has been playing great.

It appears that the back 9 is playing to lower scores today. Good news is that BYU and Utah are both on the front 9 with Wake. Likely only need to hold off one of them to stay in the top 5.

It appears that the back 9 is playing to lower scores today. Good news is that BYU and Utah are both on the front 9 with Wake. Likely only need to hold off one of them to stay in the top 5.
BYU has a big problem because they have one guy at +4 and another at +2 today. Meaning that if any of their other guys struggle on this front 9 their score is going to implode. Utah isn't in quite as bad of shape as far as today goes, but Wake currently has a 4 stroke lead on them.

I think as long as Wake finishes with their overall score at least at -5 or so, that should easily be safe.

BYU has a big problem because they have one guy at +4 and another at +2 today. Meaning that if any of their other guys struggle on this front 9 their score is going to implode. Utah isn't in quite as bad of shape as far as today goes, but Wake currently has a 4 stroke lead on them.

I think as long as Wake finishes with their overall score at least at -5 or so, that should easily be safe.
Brennan has shot under par on the front both days. That alone bodes well even if we have some issues elsewhere, as he is our fifth today but stands at E.

In terms of today, Wake is currently at -10 while the next best team is at -3. Not really a fair comparison considering that other teams started on the front nine, but still pretty remarkable.

Goes to show that this team would be really dangerous if they can somehow make it to match play. A lot of guys capable of making a lot of birdies.

wow just checked in.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Brennan has shot under par on the front both days. That alone bodes well even if we have some issues elsewhere, as he is our fifth today but stands at E.
Yeah even if the one of the other 4 blows up, that isn't going to kill Wake. At this point, it would take like 3 of our guys playing awful the rest of the way.

Back