• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women finish 9th and Men 16th

I think we were in it with Clemson in either the mens or womens in the last 3-5 years.

Duke gagged their final round in Baton Rouge to lose an NCAA Championship invite.

So we just sit around for an hour or so until suddenly "so and so wins the playoff" shows up on Golfstat, right?

So do I just gotta keep refreshing this stats page every few minutes or what? Wake going to tweet something out to tell us what's happening?

If Rory shoots even par, 31-40 on Sunday to blow a lead, it will be considered a massive choke, even if it's the 3rd best round of the entire (larger) field.

Golf is such a cruel mistress! Our bottom 3 guys played great all day and then go +4 on the last two holes....

I really hope we find a way. NCAA golf championship is such a great event now. Would be an absolute shame if Michael at least doesn't get in as an individual.

Looks like every team is done except for San Jose State, who is currently +32. The golfer with the most left to play is currently on 15.

Unless the playoff hole is going to be one of the last few, I imagine this playoff can get started pretty soon.

Arkansas was a top 10 squad - they shot a cool +16 today. ouch
Started the day only two back of Wake too, they very reasonably could have been in this and didn't show up.

Say what you will about the back nine choking, at least Wake didn't quit like Arkansas appears to have done.

Although this is how they break ties in the Championship round, this seems like how the regional playoff will be conducted:

Starting in 2019, an aggregate playoff counting scores of all five players on a team will be used to narrow the field from 30 to 15 and then again from 15 teams to the eight that advance to match play. The playoff would still be conducted in a “shotgun” format with the competing teams playing on five different holes.

Previously, team playoffs counted the low four scores of five team members relative to par.

The Division I Men’s Golf Committee believes using the aggregate score for the five players will make it less confusing to fans, coaches and players since all team members’ scores count toward their team total. Additionally, committee members said counting all five scores makes it likely that playoffs will end quicker.

The link

The above is very similar to what happened to the women when Diane's team was really strong in the top 4 then injuries hit and she needed AP's granddaughter who played on the club team to win her hole to advance.

I might not be totally clear on this but I do believe all 5 went out and counted.

Back