• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Going Back to Cali for the NCAA Title; Women: May 17-22; Men May 24-29

Wake playing good golf this afternoon, but so are Duke and Clemson.
The back 9 has three par 5s, all are birdie holes. The front has one Par 5. Big advantage to be playing the back 9 first, which WF is this pm.

The WF girls are making a statement. Our #5 player, Mimi Rhodes, is the lowest player in the field in round 2 (-7 through 12 holes).

Deacs lead by 5 going into the 3rd and final round. 25 shots ahead of 5th place. Should be a good AM walk to prepare for the semis. Kuehn will obviously be gunning for the individual title. 2 back of UVA’s Amanda Sambach.

Great day for golf and make no mistake our women’s team is elite. I spent a lot of time with Emilia and Rachel’s moms today and the pride they have in our program is off the charts. Both believe Kim and Ryan are the best coaches in all of college golf from both a teaching and character building perspective. Moving forward a bad year for us will still be top 10.

All 5 of our players can go low which takes a lot of pressure off the team score. In the morning round Rachel comes to the par 5 18th 4 under and she hits a low draw to 6 feet and makes eagle for a 66.

I fell in love w Wake because of their golf program and clearly the women are now the standard and our best most sustainable national program. Lastly former coach Diane Daily was out there for all 36 holes cheering the girls on.

Wake womens golf has swagger and the it factor and the other teams and fans know it. This must be how Duke basketball fans feel.

The UVA 1 is running away with the individual title. She's got an 8 shot lead and is -14 (UVA is -1 as a team overall).

Unless something drastically changes, we will win the stroke play portion and likely get UVA in the semis tomorrow. There's a chance that UVA could catch Duke (3 shots back), but don't think that's overly likely. Sambach (the individual champ) is really the only golfer they have playing well right now aside from maybe their 3, Celeste Valino. My strategy would be to throw out Emilia or Carolina against Sambach and try to steal a point there, but focus on the other four matches where we should have a decisive advantage.

Based on the GolfStat rankings, UVA is the 3 seed, and the 2 seed FSU is going to miss out. Clemson and Duke are the 4 and 5 seeds respectively, but I am pulling for Clemson tomorrow, as I think Duke will be tougher in the championship should we both make it.

i hope and think Rachel and Amanda will go at it. If I’m the UVA coach I put Amanda out first to give the others hope. If you save Amanda the match could be over before she makes the turn.
Amanda is elite but UVA after her isn’t good at all; we should easily handle them but it’s golf and crazy things happen.

BTW Kim recruited Amanda to UVA then took the Wake job before she even started her frosh year.

Pairings for match play are set:

#1 WF v. #4 UVA
#2 Duke v. #3 Clemson.

According to the WF website, you can follow the semis and the finals as follows:

The semifinals on Saturday and championship match on Sunday of the ACC Women's Golf Championship will stream live on ACC Network Extra. Saturday will air live from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday will air live from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Ryan Burr (play-by-play) and Suzy Whaley (analyst) will provide the call. Live scoring will be available via Golfstat and results will be posted on GoDeacs.com at the conclusion of each round.

Pairings for match play are set:

#1 WF v. #4 UVA
#2 Duke v. #3 Clemson.

According to the WF website, you can follow the semis and the finals as follows:

The semifinals on Saturday and championship match on Sunday of the ACC Women's Golf Championship will stream live on ACC Network Extra. Saturday will air live from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday will air live from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Ryan Burr (play-by-play) and Suzy Whaley (analyst) will provide the call. Live scoring will be available via Golfstat and results will be posted on GoDeacs.com at the conclusion of each round.

It’s ridiculous that an ACC championship isn’t on the regular ACCN. Instead they are showing a replay of the UNC-GT football game, Three Day Weekend ACC Traditions on Saturday. Then All ACC on Sunday

I’ve quit even looking to see what is on ACCN. Waste of time and oxygen.

Even more so that the Winston paper with a nice clip about the game today doesn't list the game on the TV schedule insert. And , regularly ignore us there.

Battle of the Run out at Bermuda Run on Saturday April 15 for the men. Features a 3 teamer—Wake, Davidson & Elon. Gorgeous day for those wanting to watch.

Even more so that the Winston paper with a nice clip about the game today doesn't list the game on the TV schedule insert. And , regularly ignore us there.
The spring game is not on TV. It is one ACC Network Extra, which is online only.

Back