• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Speaking of which, it sort of reminds me of Tyler Lewis from State. Both were top 100 recruits with high expectations and both had giant holes in their game that prevented them from really performing in the ACC.

That’s a good comparison — I recollect Tyler ended up at Butler and was a real factor by the time he was a senior. Lewis was also a good passer and had a better handle than Carter, but I recollect was not very athletic and struggled defensively.

man, i just looked up Tyler Lewis's stats at NC stat as I remember him being in over his head at the acc level. He wasn't a great shooter but he had a 3.8/1.1 assist to turnover ration his 2nd year and was a good foul shooter so he was significantly more useful as a player than Whitt was.

Check out his Cam takes on Twitter.

CMM had his limitations but what a great guy.

Hildreth can’t shoot, isn’t a good ball handler and isn’t athletic enough to play small forward. That’s my take. He played because Whitt imploded. He hustles and defends but he’s got to improve his offensive skills to contribute much next year.

What are we thinking about Judah Mintz? Any chance, or he is presumed a done deal for one of the other three schools on his list?

Hildreth can’t shoot, isn’t a good ball handler and isn’t athletic enough to play small forward. That’s my take. He played because Whitt imploded. He hustles and defends but he’s got to improve his offensive skills to contribute much next year.

I just think it's humorous that you get so worked up about the 8th or 9th man. Cam was a true freshman and made a meaningful contribution to the team. Actually, he made the biggest contribution of any of the 5 freshmen in his class. His biggest weakness is his outside shooting, but he plays much bigger than he is in that he has a post game and rebounds well. He also had a positive assist/turnover ratio. It's just so odd to me that he would be the guy you focus on.

Yep. I saw plenty to be excited about from Cam. He has stuff to work on. Sure. But he’s going to be a good player.

He cut Wake or we weren’t that interested. I think we’ll find someone better suited for us regardless.

Wanted to call out Hayden Brown for being a 6-5 swing player that can't shoot (29% from 3; 62% from the line), but that call turned out poorly a year ago. Don't mind if that miseval benefits WF, but have no desire for Hayden Brown to blow up for SC, Loyola or GT. So, I will limit my comment to: think there are better fits for WF in the portal.

Whoever changed the thread name really missed an opportunity by not having it say "Whitt's End"

What are we thinking about Judah Mintz? Any chance, or he is presumed a done deal for one of the other three schools on his list?

Vibez low... Like 1/10 low.

My assumption is Depaul, since that was what leaked a few weeks ago. Maybe Syracuse sneaks in there, though.

Back