• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

I don't think we are going to raise our non-Daivien talent level from last year, meaning if he returns, I think we will rely on him at least as much.

Daivien has been a better assist man over his previous three years than he was this past season, so he could raise the assist level. However, the staff's focus on Jao and Appleby very clearly indicates that DW's role on the team will not be that of playmaker.

This. DW can fill it up from 3 and we don't need him playing PG. Him, Monsanto and Carr/Appleby on the court at the same time would give us a lot of offensive threats from deep.

Unrelated to roster construction, but I really do hope Forbes is willing to change his defensive philosophy a little to take advantage of certain situations. I'd love it if we put Cam/Daivien - Appleby/McCray at the front of a press for half of a game and went with a big lineup in a zone if we're consistently giving up easy buckets inside (which happened often last season).

Last edited:
So does that really mean this kid is visiting the week after next?

Would supposedly be visiting next week... But not sure how heavily we're really recruiting him. We'll see what happens if Appleby announces for Wake today.

I feel like you can always use a shooter... Especially a guy that shoots 40%+ from 3 on ~200 attempts.

Wake really needs to get some bigs in the fold. ACC is still a league with a lot of bigs. For instance, Louisville currently has 10 roster spots filled. Only one of those guys is shorter than 6-6. Right now Wake has two guys over 6-6.

Listed heights

Marsh 7'1"
Carr 6'9"
Monsanto 6'6"
Keller 6'9"

Laravia longshot 6'8"

Has Appleby set a specific time today? Maybe 5:04 on 5/04?

This. DW can fill it up from 3 and we don't need him playing PG. Him, Monsanto and Carr/Appleby on the court at the same time would give us a lot of offensive threats from deep.

Unrelated to roster construction, but I really do hope Forbes is willing to change his defensive philosophy a little to take advantage of certain situations. I'd love it if we put Cam/Daivien - Appleby/McCray at the front of a press for half of a game and went with a big lineup in a zone if we're consistently giving up easy buckets inside (which happened often last season).

I agree. I feel that is a flaw in Forbes overall coaching repertoire - his lack of using a zone (several types available) at such times as you mention. If he adds that item, I think his resume becomes pretty complete. 'Bones' was great at designing such strategy as needed. Don't shy to pick up something from Boeheim for use as needed.

Back