• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

On a separate note it will be great to have a few more NBA players to cheer for so I am really hoping some of our guys have Collins level success. Wonder if Forbes has been the head coach for any legit NBA stars yet.
Eight

Any rumbles about what we might do with this last 'ship? Man, I'm bummed. The right choice for LaRavia, but I'm bummed. It's a bummer.

Any rumbles about what we might do with this last 'ship? Man, I'm bummed. The right choice for LaRavia, but I'm bummed. It's a bummer.

No idea but the last thing I want is Forbes to recruit some bum just to fill a scholarship.

No idea but the last thing I want is Forbes to recruit some bum just to fill a scholarship.

That's a [Redacted]/Manning move and Forbes won't do that. Last year he held on to a scholarship until mid season and then gave it to Miles when no other viable options materialized.

That's a [Redacted]/Manning move and Forbes won't do that. Last year he held on to a scholarship until mid season and then gave it to Miles when no other viable options materialized.

Wasn't that Tariq Ingraham's scholarship at the start of the season?

Absolutely. There are a couple solid players still available in the portal, the best being Northwestern versatile big Pete Nance, and the staff will work to see if there is anyone available from any source (portal, international options) that can materially help the team next season. Otherwise, save the ship, no reason to bring in warm body just because WF has one opening.

Wasn’t there a mention here of a good fit from one of the players who opted out of the draft and will now be looking for a home?

yeah, i see no downside on taking a flyer on a one-year player (grad transfer). a post player would be nice for depth, but really anyone that can find time in the rotation would be better than just letting a ship waste away unused.

Wasn’t there a mention here of a good fit from one of the players who opted out of the draft and will now be looking for a home?

Yeah. But he opted out and transferred somewhere else almost immediately.

Absolutely. There are a couple solid players still available in the portal, the best being Northwestern versatile big Pete Nance, and the staff will work to see if there is anyone available from any source (portal, international options) that can materially help the team next season. Otherwise, save the ship, no reason to bring in warm body just because WF has one opening.

I didn’t realize Nance was still available. He’d be a good pickup. I think Forbes has rounded out the roster so it’s probably BPA at this point.

That stat you posted that Jake and Alondes are the only transfers from last year projected to be drafted bodes makes a good recruiting pitch.

GT looks terrible.

Syracuse/BC/Pitt don't look good.

Most everyone else has some talent.

Yeah, Cuse was mediocre last year, and they lose three of their top 4 scorers off a team that played 6 guys. Mintz is their top recruit, but not sure how good he will be right away, and their one transfer player averaged 1.9 ppg at Duquesne. Also, hard to see State improving. They lose Seabron and Hellums; their transfers are mediocre, and Keatts has guided the team into a bridge abutment. Will be surprised if State doesn't suck next year.

GT looks terrible.

Syracuse/BC/Pitt don't look good.

Most everyone else has some talent.

i think most objective observers would put us in one of the first two buckets just based on the info in the article.

i think most objective observers would put us in one of the first two buckets just based on the info in the article.

Just like last year when WF was a consensus pick to finish in the bottom 3 of the conference.

I give State the benefit of the doubt due to Smith returning... But yeah, they probably won't be very good. But there is some talent there that isn't on the 4 teams I listed. I guess Hugley @ Pitt is good... But Capel is so bad I think they'll suck.

The opposite is true with Syracuse. Their roster looks terribad, but Boeheim will likely keep them from sucking.

Regardless, I'd expect Wake to finish in the top 10 of the ACC... Hopefully upper middle, but that kind of #deepanalysis will have to wait a few months.

If one of Bobi/Keller is ready to contribute, I'll feel much better. Still optimistic, and have confidence in the staff to put together a competitive group, just a lot of unknowns right now.

Of course I'd have been ready to cut down the nets had LaRavia returned, so I'm sure it will be fine and somewhere in between.

As an aside, Terq Smith was putting up 15-20+ shots per game by the end of the season... He's legit going to take 20-25 shots per game this year.

So yeah, they'll probably suck.

Back