• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

What a shitburger tourney that is. It won't do us any favors come selection Sunday. Any chance we can bail out of this and come up with one or two serviceable opponents instead? Nothing to gain playing in that tourney and plenty to lose.

What a shitburger tourney that is. It won't do us any favors come selection Sunday. Any chance we can bail out of this and come up with one or two serviceable opponents instead? Nothing to gain playing in that tourney and plenty to lose.

Nope, Steve tried everything he could to get out of it a few months ago. If anything he’s more pissed than the rest of us.

Only way to get even a little positive out of that tourney is to beat every team Wake plays in it by at least 20, and make it look easy, like Wake could have made it 40.

If we can beat teams like Duke, Miami, and Carolina - as well as win a couple of games in the ACC tournament - things should work out. Really looking forward to the upcoming season. I expect a big step forward from Matthew Marsh. We have multiple players who are capable of scoring 20+ on any given night.

If we can beat teams like Duke, Miami, and Carolina - as well as win a couple of games in the ACC tournament - things should work out. Really looking forward to the upcoming season. I expect a big step forward from Matthew Marsh. We have multiple players who are capable of scoring 20+ on any given night.

Also, if Bradford can return to his freshman form+ as would be expected from a third year guy, that would help.

I'm sure that I'm just being dense, but I don't understand this tournament format at all. Can someone smarter than I am please explain? I would appreciate the effort.

But, I agree with the other posters that the level of competition is pathetic. Boy we are well away from the years of the Big 4 Tournament. Little did we know . . . .

The “tournament” is 4 teams in Jamaica. Wake beats Lasalle, they likely play Georgetown.
The other bracket is crap that is happening on American soil and can be disregarded.

Don't understand the continued complaints. It's crap. Saddled legacy from shit people. Forbes and curry know it.

At this point it's great for the kids to get to travel, bond, have extra practice, and some fun. Hopefully our guys come out with wins that helped find the way Forbes wants thr team to play. Things are looking up.

The “tournament” is 4 teams in Jamaica. Wake beats Lasalle, they likely play Georgetown.
The other bracket is crap that is happening on American soil and can be disregarded.

The other bracket is crappy and can be disregarded, but they play in Jamaica too. And unless we can buy our way out, we will play one of those other bracket teams in a game (which will not impact the brackets) on the mainland.

Oh, and potential opponent Utah Valley State is coached by noted Douchebag Mark Madsen

The other bracket is crappy and can be disregarded, but they play in Jamaica too. And unless we can buy our way out, we will play one of those other bracket teams in a game (which will not impact the brackets) on the mainland.

The best that can happen for Kenpom ratings etc. is Wake blows out whichever teams they play. Just pound those teams and come away with big wins.

The other option is to treat it like a scrimmage and get long looks at the guys who don't start and aren't expected to play much.

Yes, we should maximize the hand we have been dealt

And we should ensure we don’t deal ourselves a crappy hand next year, which Forbes seems keen to do

The best that can happen for Kenpom ratings etc. is Wake blows out whichever teams they play. Just pound those teams and come away with big wins.

The other option is to treat it like a scrimmage and get long looks at the guys who don't start and aren't expected to play much.

Let’s just win them one at a time and improve.

you could have given me 100 guesses who the guy in the picture getting married is and I wouldn't have guessed steve forbes.

you could have given me 100 guesses who the guy in the picture getting married is and I wouldn't have guessed steve forbes.

He's had a lot of good meals since the wedding pic.

Congrats to coach Forbes and his wife on another annniversary

Back