• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

14 laying the smack down on what is acceptable to post...
Nah, post whatever you want, especially when it's quiet for Wake at the moment.

Every offseason it's just wild to me when someone links a player in the portal that has absolutely 0% chance of coming to Wake Forest and there's a multi-page discussion about whether that player would be a good fit at Wake. But if you guys enjoy doing that, keep doing it I guess.

That makes me think of a question I had. How many 3s do y'all think Efton will take next year? He took 32 this year and seemed to have growing confidence in the shot (whether he should have had it is another question). I really feel he's going to try and make stretching the floor a consistent part of his game.
Around 2 a game at 35%.

That makes me think of a question I had. How many 3s do y'all think Efton will take next year? He took 32 this year and seemed to have growing confidence in the shot (whether he should have had it is another question). I really feel he's going to try and make stretching the floor a consistent part of his game.
72. Felt right. I like 35% as well.

87ff46784f243859f2cce28abe7c69e7.jpg

Only because Carr decided not to transfer...yet.

Also, someone tell me how excited am I supposed to about a guy who averaged 13 and 6 at South Dakota State.

I'll take a league Defensive Player of the Year every day and twice on Sunday.

William Kyle III was named the Defensive Player of the Year becoming the first SDSU player to garner those honors since Cody Larson in 2015.

Kyle III was the League’s top shot blocker, swatting away 36 shots in 16 League games, while also recording three double-doubles and ranking fifth in rebounding at 7.1 rpg. He also averaged 14.0 ppg and shot a League-best 63 percent from the floor to join Mayo on the All-League First Team.

I mean ... he's damaged goods in that he's had a surgery on each of his ankles in the last year.

He was a project. It's laughable to see him discussed as a top-100 player coming out of high school; he was a 3-star with a final two of Minnesota and South Carolina before Duke grabbed him. He was always a developmental take for Duke ... and you can't really develop when your body doesn't allow you to be on the court.

duke s&c still implementing the Harry Giles rehab program.

I'll take a league Defensive Player of the Year every day and twice on Sunday.
Would agree that any D1 League Defensive POY doesn’t just happen accidentally….welcome aboard if true.

Only because Carr decided not to transfer...yet.

Also, someone tell me how excited am I supposed to about a guy who averaged 13 and 6 at South Dakota State.

DPOY, good rebounder, has decent post game, dunks the ball and finishes strong, Runs the floor. All around seems like he’d be a good piece.

DPOY, good rebounder, has decent post game, dunks the ball and finishes strong, Runs the floor. All around seems like he’d be a good piece.
If we can land the PG we need, that could really influence this guy’s offensive numbers.

And, DPOY!

Back