• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

uhhh......... why do we need a carr replacement?!

Yeah, I don't know if he's gone or not, but having a guy who can block shots and rebound and bang underneath is not a bad thing. Plus only 1-3 from 3 all year, so he won't be dicking around at the 3 point line.

Hopefully Carr and Sallis return. Sallis will be an NBA player but I truly think another year would be good for both his draft stock and potential future earnings in the NBA - still some wrinkles in his game to iron out. Plus, next season he would start from the beginning as "the guy" instead of growing into the role like he did this year. And he'd be in the discussion for preseason POY.

If they all come back and we even add just a couple decent pieces in the portal to go along with Juke, then Forbes has something cooking and it truly would be NCAA SECOND weekend or bust with that roster.

Hopefully Carr and Sallis return. Sallis will be an NBA player but I truly think another year would be good for both his draft stock and potential future earnings in the NBA - still some wrinkles in his game to iron out. Plus, next season he would start from the beginning as "the guy" instead of growing into the role like he did this year. And he'd be in the discussion for preseason POY.

If they all come back and we even add just a couple decent pieces in the portal to go along with Juke, then Forbes has something cooking and it truly would be NCAA SECOND WEEKEND or bust with that roster.
Bacot already has that wrapped up. For the 17th time

Bobi is gonna get a lot of people fired if someone drafts him in the 1st round
Extremely weird thing to say about someone that you almost assuredly haven't watched play basketball in a year.

There's been plenty of raw and projectable wings drafted in the first round of the NBA draft in years past and there will continue to be every year. NBA teams aren't dumb for doing it in the cases where it doesn't work out.

I don't think you guys can sleep on Cam Hildreth for his SR season. Before his injury he was having a really good season (and even after the injury).
If Cam returns to his shooting numbers pre-wrist injury this year that dude is going to be an absolute force next season.

If Cam returns to his shooting numbers pre-wrist injury this year that dude is going to be an absolute force next season.

i mean overall on the season he still shot well...46/36/81 (Hunter was 49/41/77 and Boopie (46/36/83).

i mean overall on the season he still shot well...46/36/81 (Hunter was 49/41/77 and Boopie (46/36/83).
Much lower volume from 3 after the injury though right?

At least that's how I remember it, he basically only shot the wide open ones after the injury, and he definitely slumped for a while after the injury before getting it back

Much lower volume from 3 after the injury though right?

At least that's how I remember it, he basically only shot the wide open ones after the injury, and he definitely slumped for a while after the injury before getting it back
yeah, had a really bad run immediately post injury, then changed up his shot selection and became more reliable toward the end of the season shooting less.

1710870170698.png
I don't exactly know when he was injured but middle of Jan looks right

He was injured during the FSU game
Cam made 13 threes in the 18 games following the FSU game. He made 23 threes in the 14 games prior to the FSU game (against worse competition obviously)

Pretty obvious drop-off in volume, which may partially explain why Boopie/Sallis had a harder time creating pull-up shots for themselves in the second half of the year.

It sucks, but I think it's pretty obvious that Wake would be in the NCAAT if Cam never got hurt. Of course, that's not a worthy excuse in my mind because every team has to deal with injuries and whatnot, but I still think it's worth realizing.

As a genuine question, are we just posting the transfer portal announcement of any player that sounds interesting? How are you all deciding which ones are worth pointing out?

I assume it's too early for any of you to actually know which ones Wake is after

As a genuine question, are we just posting the transfer portal announcement of any player that sounds interesting? How are you all deciding which ones are worth pointing out?

I assume it's too early for any of you to actually know which ones Wake is after
and how many of these random players that have been posted about on the boards have ended up as Wake players

Back