• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

he averaged 17 ppg in only 27 mpg and shot 40% from the field

that's a lot of shots per possession

Yeah, I have no idea what his game actually looks like, but he'd slide into the role of "instant offense" that I wanted for Boopie. But with more size.

Wait why did Ivy-Curry only play in 21 games last year and start none of them? Injured at some point?

How does a guy averaging 17 ppg when the next highest guy averaged 11.3 ppg not start?

Wait why did Ivy-Curry only play in 21 games last year and start none of them? Injured at some point?

How does a guy averaging 17 ppg when the next highest guy averaged 11.3 ppg not start?

Missed a bunch of games in the beginning of the season while waiting for a waiver. That's also why the mpg are low. Not sure why he didn't start.

Allegedly they were one of the lower NIL offers of his finalists, but he wanted to play for Drew and have a solid chance at a championship. Big 12 stacked again with Kansas, ISU, Houston, Baylor all almost shoe-in top 10 teams.
Again? They had 0 teams in the elite 8 this year - maybe they'll get one in 2025?

Let's get Ivy Curry and the KJ.

If Sallis comes back then we have 4 very good guards with Sallis, Jordan Ivy-Curry(JIC), KJ(Euro) and Cam. That would be elite by our standards. This is my Deacon dreamer's scenario. Also, going to go out on a limb that we get Baba.

I'll pretend like that's the outcome so I can get my Monday morning way to early MP outta the way. But, as you'll see, in this scenario, there is no way we keep everyone happy. Who gets the "other minutes" between Spillers, Parker and Cosby? How we do give Cam, Sallis, JIC and KJ all the minutes they need? This just isn't going to happen and it's clear that JIC is a hedge that Sallis doesn't return, IMO.

KJ - 22, Sallis - 15, JIC - 3
Sallis - 18, Cam 22
Cam - 10, JIC - 18, Parker 12
Baba - 20, Omaha - 12 Spillers - 8
Reid - 30, Baba 10

Sallis - 33
Cam - 32
Reid - 30
Baba - 30
KJ - 22
JIC - 21
Omaha - 12
Parker - 12
Spillers - 8

This obviously leaves out MMM, Cosby and Juke, which ISN'T going to happen. One would assume all 3 of those guys will play. Cosby didn't transfer to ride the pine. Juke didn't come here to sit his Freshman year. MMM should command some minutes due to being in the system and growing this offseason.

What's more realistic is we get 2 out of JIC, Sallis, KJ at the most. I just don't see how we are going to feed all these mouths unless Juke and MMM aren't ready to contribute at all. Parker isn't going to ride the pine as a Sophomore, and Cosby is going to get his 10+ MPG or else the dude would not have transferred here, IMO.

Someone smarter than me jump in and tell me where the minutes are coming from if we get 2 of the guards we are trying to. Not to mention a local guy like Shakeel Moore who might want to come lace em up for us.

Ivy-Curry feels like another Steve Forbes special in the transfer portal...
Maybe in the sense that he's a high volume shooter that could be really good if he was refined a bit. That matches with a profile like Appleby pretty well actually.

But I can't really think of any recent guys that have gone from as bad of a team as UTSA to Wake. Ivy-Curry has played college basketball for 4 years and has never even been on a top 150 team, which would be abnormal for a Forbes recruit.

I would like to bet Spillers over 8 min for $1K, please. Dude is a grown ass man (GAM) out there, and is gonna eat.
Agreed...all day. My point is there won't be enough minutes to go around. Did Omaha come here not to play 20MPG? How to Omaha and Spillers get good minutes if Baba commits? Baba isn't going to come here for much less than 30mpg. Reid is tying up 28-32 minutes down low. Parker, Cosby and Juke have to play. Marion? Where do the minutes come from unless a few guys who are thinking they'll play are relegated to a deep bench role.

Let's get Ivy Curry and the KJ.

If Sallis comes back then we have 4 very good guards with Sallis, Jordan Ivy-Curry(JIC), KJ(Euro) and Cam. That would be elite by our standards. This is my Deacon dreamer's scenario. Also, going to go out on a limb that we get Baba.

I'll pretend like that's the outcome so I can get my Monday morning way to early MP outta the way. But, as you'll see, in this scenario, there is no way we keep everyone happy. Who gets the "other minutes" between Spillers, Parker and Cosby? How we do give Cam, Sallis, JIC and KJ all the minutes they need? This just isn't going to happen and it's clear that JIC is a hedge that Sallis doesn't return, IMO.

KJ - 22, Sallis - 15, JIC - 3
Sallis - 18, Cam 22
Cam - 10, JIC - 18, Parker 12
Baba - 20, Omaha - 12 Spillers - 8
Reid - 30, Baba 10

Sallis - 33
Cam - 32
Reid - 30
Baba - 30
KJ - 22
JIC - 21
Omaha - 12
Parker - 12
Spillers - 8

This obviously leaves out MMM, Cosby and Juke, which ISN'T going to happen. One would assume all 3 of those guys will play. Cosby didn't transfer to ride the pine. Juke didn't come here to sit his Freshman year. MMM should command some minutes due to being in the system and growing this offseason.

What's more realistic is we get 2 out of JIC, Sallis, KJ at the most. I just don't see how we are going to feed all these mouths unless Juke and MMM aren't ready to contribute at all. Parker isn't going to ride the pine as a Sophomore, and Cosby is going to get his 10+ MPG or else the dude would not have transferred here, IMO.

Someone smarter than me jump in and tell me where the minutes are coming from if we get 2 of the guards we are trying to. Not to mention a local guy like Shakeel Moore who might want to come lace em up for us.
I'd take the over on Spillers and Omaha's minutes and the under on JIC, PFred, Reid, and Baba in this scenario. Cam and Sallis probably also play a few less minutes if we really end up being this deep (we won't).

I'd take the over on Spillers and Omaha's minutes and the under on JIC, PFred, Reid, and Baba in this scenario. Cam and Sallis probably also play a few less minutes if we really end up being this deep (we won't).
Alright, this is at least a viable scenario. But yeah, all this isn't goin to happen. Would make no sense for us to have 12 guys who deserve minutes. JIC isn't gonna come here to play less than 20 minutes. Euro isn't gonna commit to not start, if he's as good as advertised. Sallis and Cam are bound to get 30+.

The guy that just averaged less than 25 mpg during two underwhelming seasons at FSU is going to demand 30? Why?
Because he could get that at 90% of programs in the country. He isn't going to commit to us for a lateral move. He's looking to become more a focal point. Why else come to Wake? Are we just throwing a bag at him with no plan for showcasing his abilities?

I just think it's time we have the hard convos surrounding the minutes projections so when Sallis stays in the draft and JIC goes to Auburn we aren't freaking out.

Because he could get that at 90% of programs in the country. He isn't going to commit to us for a lateral move. He's looking to become more a focal point. Why else come to Wake? Are we just throwing a bag at him with no plan for showcasing his abilities?
Meh, I have nothing but complete speculation, but if he committed to FSU in the first place he probably cares more about playing for a coach that he thinks can develop him and get him to the NBA than he does about playing as many minutes as possible.

With a big rotation of Reid, Baba, Omaha, and Spillers I don't think any of them are expecting to play more than 25 mpg. Same thing if you sub Baba out for Power I guess

Back