• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Meh, I have nothing but complete speculation, but if he committed to FSU in the first place he probably cares more about playing for a coach that he thinks can develop him and get him to the NBA than he does about playing as many minutes as possible. With a big rotation of Reid, Baba, Omaha, and Spillers I don't think any of them are expecting to play more than 25 mpg.
I dig it. If they're all happy with 25 mpg then it means we are going to have a really deep team for the first time in the Steve Forbes era

I don't think it is necessary for us to project out minutes for the team, actually.

Just bring in talent and the rest will work itself out with the coaching staff.

I dig it. If they're all happy with 25 mpg then it means we are going to have a really deep team for the first time in the Steve Forbes era
I mean in an ideal world Reid would have played 40 mpg last season due to lack of depth, and he still only got 27.6, mostly due to foul trouble. So with a deeper big rotation, I think it's more likely that number goes down than it goes up.

hear hear!
The national media is going to do it again in 2024-2025 again, aren't they? They're going to talk about how strong the SEC, B10, and B12 are, and how weak the ACC is looking based on computer rankings. They'll talk about the ACC only getting 2 teams in the tourney. And they'll fail to mention that computer models can be flawed, and that the models have not done a good job of predicting ACC results in the tourney for a decade (is that a large enough sample size?). They'll talk about how the ACC is top heavy with Duke and UNC, and they'll fail to mention that Miami, NC State, UVA, Clemson, Syracuse, FSU, Notre Dame, and Louisville have all made the elite 8 in the past 10 years. And then in 2025 the ACC will again have the best record in the tourney and another team will go to the final 4. That's going to happen again, isn't it?

Alright, this is at least a viable scenario. But yeah, all this isn't goin to happen. Would make no sense for us to have 12 guys who deserve minutes. JIC isn't gonna come here to play less than 20 minutes. Euro isn't gonna commit to not start, if he's as good as advertised. Sallis and Cam are bound to get 30+.
which I why I'm thinking we will max out with one of JIC, Sallis, and the Euro

The national media is going to do it again in 2024-2025 again, aren't they? They're going to talk about how strong the SEC, B10, and B12 are, and how weak the ACC is looking based on computer rankings. They'll talk about the ACC only getting 2 teams in the tourney. And they'll fail to mention that computer models can be flawed, and that the models have not done a good job of predicting ACC results in the tourney for a decade (is that a large enough sample size?). They'll talk about how the ACC is top heavy with Duke and UNC, and they'll fail to mention that Miami, NC State, UVA, Clemson, Syracuse, FSU, Notre Dame, and Louisville have all made the elite 8 in the past 10 years. And then in 2025 the ACC will again have the best record in the tourney and another team will go to the final 4. That's going to happen again, isn't it?
Well, yes, probably so.

Forbes has been justifiably railing against this national media talking points being total crap, as has, I believe, super sprightly and vivacious Tony Bennett, our conference coaching alpha dog (per Forbes), so we've got that going for us to counter what you presented. Oh, and Scheyer-face, too, but not having the same impact as K.

At this point I totally buy the media collusion narrative to bring down the ACC.
There was an article on Stephen A. Smith in I think the Washington Post recently that included a line that ESPN's recipe has been to cater to its largest audiences. Stephen was saying his bits on the Cowboys generate a ton of views - so he keeps it up. So yeah, ESPN is largely tracking to the SEC with its large state school audiences.

Back