• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

i think forbes played too much to the computer ranking this season, and ran up the score in games when possible

but just couldn't keep the momentum and get over the hump in games that really mattered (outside of the duke win)

i think forbes played too much to the computer ranking this season, and ran up the score in games when possible

but just couldn't keep the momentum and get over the hump in games that really mattered (outside of the duke win)

Eh that’s what you absolutely have to do. Beating Pitt by 356 is difficult.

You just can’t continually blow road games in the 2nd half after building up so much goodwill with the metrics. And then come out flat against GT at home.

Well this comes back to the classic debate of whether we should be using predictive ratings or resume analysis to make the NCAAT field. While there's lots of problems with the quad system, I think it's important that teams that actually win big games are rewarded for doing so and teams that lose them should be punished.
For sure, but that is already baked into whatever model is used. No need to create arbitrary cut points. Do you think there is a huge difference between beating the #30 team vs the #31 team at home? Because the quad system says there's a massive difference.

Eh that’s what you absolutely have to do. Beating Pitt by 356 is difficult.

You just can’t continually blow road games in the 2nd half after building up so much goodwill with the metrics. And then come out flat against GT at home.
y'all are saying the same thing tbf

power to uva
as the big name schools begin to lose out on their targets they just start shotgunning offers, so it makes sense that dudes are going to flip from schools like BC at the last moment. Gotta believe it’s a fucking headache to figure out transfer details at the last minute.

as the big name schools begin to lose out on their targets they just start shotgunning offers, so it makes sense that dudes are going to flip from schools like BC at the last moment. Gotta believe it’s a fucking headache to figure out transfer details at the last minute.
Or Tony Bennett is so desperate to prove that he can portal, he's taking a swing on a player he'll have to teach defensive fundamentals to.

big 12 won the last two national championships before UConn went back-to-back

seems kinda silly to use that conference as your springboard for ACC neglect in the NCAA tournament
People also like to bash on the B1G because they had a few worse years prior to Purdue stepping up to the Finals this year. And the 2000 Mich State team being their last natty. But a look back to about that same time frame—the past 25 NCAA tournies, folks might be surprised at the actual totals for each conference Final Fours. Might have missed one here or there but totals are:
ACC—20
Big Ten—19
Big East—15
SEC & B12–12 each
PAC—6
Others, etc

Plus playing this game cost him playing his 2nd team, getting them valuable minutes. And giving the walkons a few minutes.

People also like to bash on the B1G because they had a few worse years prior to Purdue stepping up to the Finals this year. And the 2000 Mich State team being their last natty. But a look back to about that same time frame—the past 25 NCAA tournies, folks might be surprised at the actual totals for each conference Final Fours. Might have missed one here or there but totals are:
ACC—20
Big Ten—19
Big East—15
SEC & B12–12 each
PAC—6
Others, etc
The Big 10 has 17 teams in the final 4 over the past 25 tournaments.

Good luck to Power. Give me Baba all day every day, though. I was told Wake was the team to beat, but don’t know why he hasn’t committed yet.

Yeah, my Baba confidence is dwindling each day.

The Big 10 has 17 teams in the final 4 over the past 25 tournaments.
Recounted and I missed by 1. It is 18 FF’s since 1999 (25 tournaments). Didn’t take away vacated from anybody because BE would have lost one along with CUSA. So ACC leads this with 20. Even like B1G of late we went several years with no FF teams, like 2011-12-13-14. 2011 for instance we only finished with two teams ranked (as usual Duke & UNC) but Duke finished 32-5 and got upset by Michigan in Sweet 16. Heels lost in Elite 8 to KY & finished 29-8. Happens.

Back