• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Oh, after many years of trying are you still trying to manage the very basic fundamentals of golf
My version of going below .500 every year is skying the ball over the green on every hole

And then there’s the random par which can be my version of his NCAAT year

Hoping we aren't putting all of our eggs in this european basket. Would not want to hand the starting PG role to him as a true freshman, given our spotty history with Europeans. And if he's really that good, why wouldn't he just go in this draft?
You think Wake is somehow inherently a bad place for Europeans?

Like Darius Songaila?

He means we have a spotty history with European players. And we do. For every Cam, Songaila, and Vytas, there is a Marsh, Nikita, and the guys who committed but never showed up.

Like Darius Songaila?
He’s also obviously referring to Forbes - not wake Forest as an institution lmao. Look I have my problems with atldeac like a lot of you, but this is a pretty lazy interpretation of his post in a vein attempt to try to dunk on him.

Like Darius Songaila?
List of Europeans who have played under Forbes:

Abramo Canka
Matthew Marsh
Cam Hildreth
Bobi Klintman
Marqus Marion.

Of those, only 1 is a success so far (Cam). And he was pretty bad as a freshman (4ppg in 13 mpg). He wasn't ready right away for big time ball. But sure, it's a given that this Lithuanian 17 year old can step in and be a day one point guard in a crucial year for Forbes. I didn't even say that I didn't think he'd be good, or that I didn't want him. I just said I hope we don't put all of our eggs in that basket. Seems like a reasonable thought. Are you in a constant contest with yourself trying to type out the most inane, nonsensical shit? If so, then great job. If not, then lay off the fent. Either way, you're one of worst fucking posters on this board.

Yeah not really an idiotic take, pretty reasonable to be worried about a freshman aged PG from another continent being able to take over the reins, much less waiting late for a commitment. Prob most of the shuffle is done until draft deadline dominos start to fall but we are all anxious

Not an idiotic take. But this kid is an NBA prospect and I'm sure Forbes is recruiting under PGs.

This spat aside, KJ is a different level of recruit than everyone else listed there. Certainly not a guarantee though and as I said earlier this is a risky proposition in more than one way. Maybe we won’t Wake this one up though.

I would bet a lot of money that Forbes’ plan does not involve giving the keys to his offense to a freshman point guard that won’t be here until probably July.

We will see on KJ, I am not sold he is in play or he his coming here. Klintman was a success, but didn’t stay….poroblem in itself and moving forward.

List of Europeans who have played under Forbes:

Abramo Canka
Matthew Marsh
Cam Hildreth
Bobi Klintman
Marqus Marion.

Of those, only 1 is a success so far (Cam). And he was pretty bad as a freshman (4ppg in 13 mpg). He wasn't ready right away for big time ball. But sure, it's a given that this Lithuanian 17 year old can step in and be a day one point guard in a crucial year for Forbes. I didn't even say that I didn't think he'd be good, or that I didn't want him. I just said I hope we don't put all of our eggs in that basket. Seems like a reasonable thought. Are you in a constant contest with yourself trying to type out the most inane, nonsensical shit? If so, then great job. If not, then lay off the fent. Either way, you're one of worst fucking posters on this board.
Why are you trying to make some generalized conclusion about European players? We should be looking at this "17 year old Lithuanian" as an individual recruit - comparing his ranking, etc. and how he is thought of as a recruit as compared to other recruits we have signed.
Who are recruits under Forbes who were similarly ranked? I don't know the answer.

Why are you trying to make some generalized conclusion about European players? We should be looking at this "17 year old Lithuanian" as an individual recruit - comparing his ranking, etc. and how he is thought of as a recruit as compared to other recruits we have signed.
Who are recruits under Forbes who were similarly ranked? I don't know the answer.

He is a top 10 player in his class in the continent. The guy behind him (Aristode) came to the US for HS and is 19th and a 5* in the composite right now. Just an example for scale. This is significant if it works out.

Comparing him to other players who will make the same adjustment to the US and playing US style hoops makes more sense than comparing him to other players who scouts thought were about as good as him.

Now that I think about it, how many European players have come over to the US, did not play high school or prep ball, played one year of college, and been successful in the NBA? That's what this kid is presumably trying to do.

Back