• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

not sure if it’s a bigger ouch for us (commits right after our visit) or auburn (didn’t even listen to their pitch)

Strange to visit UCF, not commit, visit Wake, then commit to UCF instantly, but fair enough.

Probably as simple as UCF prioritized him more than Wake did. It’s really hard to land good players in the portal to be a role player on a non-championship team

I mean, we talked all day that he was probably insurance to not getting KJ. Forbes probably didn’t bullshit him and let him know we were still pursuing another highly rated PG. Guess he didn’t like the sound of that

I mean, we talked all day that he was probably insurance to not getting KJ. Forbes probably didn’t bullshit him and let him know we were still pursuing another highly rated PG. Guess he didn’t like the sound of that
Yeah. I would guess that Forbes was selling him on the freedom that guards have in his system, his track record with guards transferring in, and all of those things. But when asked directly about his role, and if he was going to get the keys to The team, Forbes would not commit to that.

Why tf do you guys keep talking as if Forbes is promising these guys mins/roles while recruiting . Do these guys not practice?? - "Well Omaha showed up late to practice today and has played terribly in the last few games, but we promised him 32 mins a game in the offseason so ig thats what he is getting tomorrow."

is Ivy-Curry like well UCF promised me 21 mins per game even if i shoot 0 for 10 with 5 TOs but Forbes only said he could guarantee me 19 mins so guess im headed to Orlando?

These guys are competitors - they all think, if they get a shot, they can be the best player on the team. Forbes is never going to tell a guy, 11 God damn months before they even play a game, im only going to give you 10 mins a game this season. I promise you all this talk about forbes promising mins or a role in the team is utterly wrong and absurd.

This spat aside, KJ is a different level of recruit than everyone else listed there. Certainly not a guarantee though and as I said earlier this is a risky proposition in more than one way. Maybe we won’t Wake this one up though.
Bobi was listed as the number 1 Euro recruit among the 2003 cohort. I didn’t realize he was that big a deal at the time — and it took him 20-25 games for things to click. Then we got 6-7 really good games from him late before he vanished.

Cam #14 in his class. Marion #22 last year.

KJ #9 next year plus on draft boards (like Bobi) looks a bit different.

Bobi was listed as the number 1 Euro recruit among the 2003 cohort. I didn’t realize he was that big a deal at the time — and it took him 20-25 games for things to click. Then we got 6-7 really good games from him late before he vanished.

Cam #14 in his class. Marion #22 last year.

KJ #9 next year plus on draft boards (like Bobi) looks a bit different.

I think that’s the current ranking? Not the one from when he committed.

what college basketball coach is setting their rotation in MAY?!?
Rotations aren't SET in May. But expectations are. And at least some spots in rotations are already committed. At WFU, Cam Hildreth is starting and playing 30-35 minutes. Efton Reid is starting and playing 20 - 35 minutes, depending on fouls.

If JIC didn't get the impression that Forbes was thinking "starting point guard" and the UCF coach was thinking that JIC is "starting point guard in 2024 - 2025" the decision is not a difficult one, particularly if bags are about the same size.

Coaches can sell kids on "expectations" and "envisioned roles" without explicit commitments of roles and minutes.

Not good that we've had several high priority targets on campus and they are not committing.

Back