• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I’m thinking in order likelihood of being on campus next year:

Kaspar
Baba
Sallis

And to throw percentages out there straight from my ass

65/35
55/45
35/65

If you have to sacrifice the Baba pursuit to stay in it with Kasparas you absolutely do it. Obviously Sallis is the biggest boost but Kasparas adds so much to the roster. The timing of the three is tough since Baba likely pops first but you can’t let him take away a chance at Kasparas if the staff still really likes our odds there.

I don't think Sallis comes back tho

We heard you before…

Moving on, I hope Sallis returns and becomes a lottery pick! I like the makeup of the team so far. Bring in the last 3 (including Sallis)!

Churchill is a great add. Reid has issues staying out of foul trouble and bringing in a beast like Abass can only help. Plus, I love adding a few guys who might stay for 2-3 years and who we can help grow for the next level. Awesome addition. The Lithuanian kid would be remarkable as he would provide top depth at the Pg slot, would love Hunter but we have to cheer him on for his NBA dreams.

In the NCAA basketball world today we are basically irrelevant. There's little real hope. It's nobody's fault. It's just the truth. It hurts.
Totally silly take. Roster construction is really solid, I love our chances. It's confusing with this who crazy portal thing, I get it, but it's the way we live in NCAA hoops these days.

Yeah, the Lithuanian kid is really intriguing and I am on board! I really want Baba also, but feels like one year. Fine with me, he would be a great get…time has past and I am not sure our situation with him any longer.

If you have to sacrifice the Baba pursuit to stay in it with Kasparas you absolutely do it. Obviously Sallis is the biggest boost but Kasparas adds so much to the roster. The timing of the three is tough since Baba likely pops first but you can’t let him take away a chance at Kasparas if the staff still really likes our odds there.
why do you have to pick one or the other? aren’t there enough scholarships?

i just watched all of our new guys

damn, this is a fun class

Cosby plays a lot like Damari. he's gonna shoot that 3 if there's a sliver of daylight. only attempted 7 2FG this season. no idea what he can do in real minutes, though. can he guard anyone? is he better than 34% from 3? every highlight in his reel is him shooting a 3.

i think Ty-Laur has more upside than Boopie (and i think he's actually 6'0, unlike Boopie). he's a better passer and looks like he's going to be a pest on defense. scoring is a work in progress, but he will have more space to operate and better teammates than at louisville.

Churchill Abass is more explosive than i was expecting, but looks pretty raw. his reputation is that he plays super hard. he's got nice size and a few moves, so maybe he helps us out. he could be like Khadim Sy, better than Davion Bradford for sure.

TreVon seems underrated. he plays a lot like Kenneth Faried did. he's a nice scorer in the pick-and-roll and in transition, so would be fun to see him develop some chemistry with Ty-laur (like Brandon Huntley-Hatfield did at louisville). can he shoot?

I have no idea what to expect from Omaha Bilieuw. It's clear he can do a lot of things, and he's a nice athlete so he should be able to find ways to stay on the court. But his tape from last year is pretty uninspiring. He's a combo forward in the Al-Farouq Aminu--Bobi Klintman freshman zone (Baba is, too, imo)

our ceiling looks pretty high next year, but who knows

I think the only thing we’re missing is another 2-3 level threat to complement Cam. That could be Sallis (slim chance). Maybe Jaspar if his 3 is consistent.

why do you have to pick one or the other? aren’t there enough scholarships?

There are enough scholarships but there isn’t enough playing time. Those are all guys that would warrant 25-35 mins. We’d lose someone already committed, which would be ok I guess. Get the talent and let everything else play out, but I just don’t think there’s any way it happens.

I’m really excited about Omaha and personally wouldn’t want to lose him for Baba either.

i just watched all of our new guys

damn, this is a fun class

Cosby plays a lot like Damari. he's gonna shoot that 3 if there's a sliver of daylight. only attempted 7 2FG this season. no idea what he can do in real minutes, though. can he guard anyone? is he better than 34% from 3? every highlight in his reel is him shooting a 3.

i think Ty-Laur has more upside than Boopie (and i think he's actually 6'0, unlike Boopie). he's a better passer and looks like he's going to be a pest on defense. scoring is a work in progress, but he will have more space to operate and better teammates than at louisville.

Churchill Abass is more explosive than i was expecting, but looks pretty raw. his reputation is that he plays super hard. he's got nice size and a few moves, so maybe he helps us out. he could be like Khadim Sy, better than Davion Bradford for sure.

TreVon seems underrated. he plays a lot like Kenneth Faried did. he's a nice scorer in the pick-and-roll and in transition, so would be fun to see him develop some chemistry with Ty-laur (like Brandon Huntley-Hatfield did at louisville). can he shoot?

I have no idea what to expect from Omaha Bilieuw. It's clear he can do a lot of things, and he's a nice athlete so he should be able to find ways to stay on the court. But his tape from last year is pretty uninspiring. He's a combo forward in the Al-Farouq Aminu--Bobi Klintman freshman zone (Baba is, too, imo)

our ceiling looks pretty high next year, but who knows
so the guy you are uncertain about was a MCD all american top 10 freakish athlete recruit last year. If that doesn't get you excited for the possiblities next year then.....

Back