• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I saw two guys who are currently in the portal at the game tonight....don't get too excited though bc it was Davion Bradford and Lucas Taylor. Cool of them to come watch their old teammates play though.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lucas Taylor came back to Wake Forest. Kind of like a Premier League "on loan" situation. Did Davion Bradford even play anywhere this year?

I saw two guys who are currently in the portal at the game tonight....don't get too excited though bc it was Davion Bradford and Lucas Taylor. Cool of them to come watch their old teammates play though.
I saw Cody Martin at the game with App State gear on

In the interview Coach discussed scheduling and did confirm the preseason tournament in Florida.
Last year the field was (Boise St, Va Tech, Iowa St, Butler, Texas A&M, Fl Atlantic, Penn St, & VCU). So that should be a solid field. He also noted they will of course play on road for SEC challenge and are finishing Prosser Classic @ Xavier.

You had time to read through each of the first 75 pages?
It goes quickly when you're just looking for commentary on specific players or twitter posts.

90% of the posts are people just saying dumb shit that I can skip.

Like this post, for example. I won't bother reading this one next year.

I'm pretty optimistic (it's the hope that kills you, trust me I know) about this offseason. Forbes doesn't have to build a team through the portal, he just needs to fill some roles. A powerful wing player would be my first choice, but I'm higher on Boopie with a season under his belt than others seem to be.

I'm more "boopie has a high floor as a player but a lower ceiling due to size" (especially on defense) kinda guy. He's a good starter for a bubble team pg and a championship caliber back up/six man.

Boopie's size will always be an issue (especially on defense), but he's quick enough on offense to be a very effective scorer. If he could improve his 3pt shot and passing, he'd be very good.

I love him as a 6th man on a Top 10 type team... Instant offense and tempo. But I think he's also good enough to be a starter on a Top 25 team. He's going to continue to improve.

Boopie's size will always be an issue (especially on defense), but he's quick enough on offense to be a very effective scorer. If he could improve his 3pt shot and passing, he'd be very good.

I love him as a 6th man on a Top 10 type team... Instant offense and tempo. But I think he's also good enough to be a starter on a Top 25 team. He's going to continue to improve.
Chris Paul is 6'0 and not bad defensively.

Boopie got his hands on the ball more defensively last night than I recall from other games. With his quickness and small size, he can be a real pest to steal. That's his defensive ceiling. With rim protectors behind him and guys like Cam and Sallis to switch onto the #hothand, that's effective enough to be a starting PG on a top 10 team. He HAS to score and limit TOs though.

All that said, if we bring in enough talent in the portal to push him to 6th in the rotation, we will be very, VERY good.

I expect improvement from Boopie heading into next year. I think he showed flashes this year of the player he can become. I don’t see why he couldn’t be Appleby 2.0.

I expect improvement from Boopie heading into next year. I think he showed flashes this year of the player he can become. I don’t see why he couldn’t be Appleby 2.0.

Their games are a little different but one thing worth noting is that Tyree played 4 full seasons of college basketball before his year here. He was actually in college for 6 full years due to a redshirt and turned 25 last fall. Boopie’s numbers this year were much better than either of his season at Florida in the first year of major conference competition coming off a missed year due to injury. I’m excited to see how he contributes the next 2 seasons.

One thing he needs to add to his game is throwing a good lob pass. Wake has two guys who know how to finish with a dunk. Appleby was a master at putting that lob when and where Marsh could grab and dunk. Marsh was about 90% on converted those lobs last year, on nearly 100 attempts. We haven't seen much of that this year.

In the interview Coach discussed scheduling and did confirm the preseason tournament in Florida.
Last year the field was (Boise St, Va Tech, Iowa St, Butler, Texas A&M, Fl Atlantic, Penn St, & VCU). So that should be a solid field. He also noted they will of course play on road for SEC challenge and are finishing Prosser Classic @ Xavier.
Good find. Based on this and Forbes' other comments (avoiding Q3 home games), thinking what the ooc schedule could look like.
  • ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando) - Last year's field was half Q1, half Q2.
  • at Xavier - Q1
  • at SEC - Q1
  • One more neutral site Q1/Q2?
  • 6? Q4 home games
Thinking 3-2 in Q1/Q2 and 6-0 Q3/Q4 would have us in good shape for a bid. This season, we were 1-3 Q1/Q2 before the ACC season started. Not enough wins, and not enough opportunities. We know we have one more true-road occ game this season, and a possible additional neutral/road game.

Clemson this season with wins bolded. 4-1 in Q1-Q2 games and 6-0 in Q3/4 before conference games. This easily got them in the tournament with the same conference record as us. Of course, you have to win the games.
- Winthrop (Q4)
  • UAB (Q3)
  • Davidson (Q3)
  • Boise St (Q1)
  • Alcorn St. (Q4)
  • at Alabama (Q1)
  • South Carolina (Q2)
  • neutral TCU (Q1)
  • at Memphis (Q1)
  • Queens (Q4)
  • Radford (Q4)

Last edited:
Chris Paul is 6'0 and not bad defensively.

CP3 got stronger because he had to.

Boopie's quickness can be an asset on defense to help overcome his lack of size, but he's a guy bigger guards can absolutely post up or shoot over.

CP3 is/was great, but he certainly had trouble with bigger guards (Deron Williams & Jameer Nelson, for example).

Is anyone else worried about needing to raise a decent chunk of NIL to keep Efton? While bunch of Power 5 programs could sure use a solid starting center.

No.

Dude seems happy here. I doubt he'd want to leave to take a 1 year paycheck. That year at Gonzaga where he barely played has to stick in his mind. Grass isn't always greener.

He'll get enough $$$ from Wake to keep him here.

No.

Dude seems happy here. I doubt he'd want to leave to take a 1 year paycheck. That year at Gonzaga where he barely played has to stick in his mind. Grass isn't always greener.

He'll get enough $$$ from Wake to keep him here.
Also if he transferred it’d be his 4th school. Don’t think he’d want to keep moving like that

Back