• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Would college coaches really not be aware of the MVP of the Adidas Next Gen or just not aware of his interest in college hoops?
They'd definitely be aware of him. I remember Cam said on a podcast before the start of his freshman season that it wasn't until after the ANGT when he made the all-tournament team that he started getting contacted by a bunch of NCAA teams.

I would imagine the juice isn’t worth the squeeze on most Euros unless you already have relationships in place.

Takes resources away from more traditional recruiting, as well.

my buddy has been talking about Jakucionis for a couple of days now (no actual info, he said he just pieced it together from a few things) and seems p excited. he said there's buzz that he'll be a draft pick next year regardless of where he plays.

we were talking about him this morning and I'm all the way on board. seems like a good shooter, and he gets to the line a LOT for a guy who might not be an elite athlete. his numbers for Barca 2 are really solid, suggests a pretty polished player for a 17 y/o

Jakucionis, Cam, Bilieu, Baba, Efton, Spillers, Cosby, PFred would be a hell of a top 8

probably would still need another big (I am bummed that we probably won't look to take both Baba and Power) but I like the makeup of that group a looooot

and if Sallis somehow comes back, good god

Jakucionis, Cam, Bilieu, Baba, Efton, Spillers, Cosby, PFred would be a hell of a top 8

probably would still need another big (I am bummed that we probably won't look to take both Baba and Power) but I like the makeup of that group a looooot

Yes to this.

Talent upgrade. Wing defenders.

I feel like our team identity is changing massively this offseason. If the team above is what we have, we will be much bigger and better defensively than last year, allowing us to switch much more on defense. Omaha and Baba especially give us lots of defense creativity.

I’d want one more guard with that lineup (Sallis or someone else like Claude)

I have no ill will towards Carr, Miller, Monsanto, Keller, Ituka, Marsh, Clark, Canka, Taylor, McCray, Whitt, Oguama, Neath, Ingraham, Loren Woods, Jamie Skeen, or anyone else who passed through WF on their way to play for someone else. I’m not pulling for them, either. They were Deacs, and now they are not.

Late in responding, but this is exactly how I feel. I have no ill will for any of these guys, and certainly won’t pull against them or hope bad things happen to them. By the same token, certainly not going to follow them, check up on how things are going for them or cheer for them to do well. Basically, don’t give a shit about them from this point forward. They’re like any other random player on a team that I don’t follow or care about.

Go to nearly any insta post from any kid visiting a D1 program and they're adding #notcommitted. Doesn't mean anything.

It means we've bred a generation of impossibly self absorbed twats.

Player movement is pro-labor. Didn’t expect to see Strick simping for the boss man.
i played team sports growing up, so i'm just wondering how this dynamic tracks with the competing responsibilities to your coaches and teammates. it's easy to think about sports (particularly college sports) as another economics fairytale of supply and demand, workers and bosses. But the affective dimension is real, and it's not lost on me that these dynamics risk undermining what makes outcomes like improving and winning possible in the first place

but yes, i'd rather players be allowed to move freely than not

i played team sports growing up, so i'm just wondering how this dynamic tracks with the competing responsibilities to your coaches and teammates. it's easy to think about sports (particularly college sports) as another economics fairytale of supply and demand, workers and bosses. But the affective dimension is real, and it's not lost on me that these dynamics risk undermining what makes outcomes like improving and winning possible in the first place

but yes, i'd rather players be allowed to move freely than not

I hear you but I assume you played amateur sports. This isn’t that.

Back