• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Why does a dude who got paid almost $18M for doing absolutely nothing continue to chase assistant coaching jobs across the country?

Why does a dude who got paid almost $18M for doing absolutely nothing continue to chase assistant coaching jobs across the country?
Because he's got all our money already so he doesn't have chase the money for lower level head coach jobs cause he doesn't need it. No accountability of being the guy, Plus if he keeps getting asst jobs and the head guy gets axed mid-season he gets to interm like he did at UMD. Win win for him

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Maybe hes bored? Maybe he hates his wife and this is a good excuse to be away all the time? Maybe he blew all his money and this is an easy way to get paid? Whatever the reason, I hope he sends Colorado to basketball purgatory as payback for redacted

Maybe hes bored? Maybe he hates his wife and this is a good excuse to be away all the time? Maybe he blew all his money and this is an easy way to get paid? Whatever the reason, I hope he sends Colorado to basketball purgatory as payback for redacted
Another explanation is that coaching college basketball maintains a connection to his greatest achievement in life, the national title he earned leading the "Danny and the Miracles" team.

maybe he just likes coaching. he was always considered a great big man coach, but we know that is different than head coach. he was not nearly as good in that capacity. now he can just do what he is good at and not have to deal with the media spotlight...i also don't think that has ever been his thing.

i am sure he can find a place to play, just not sure they will pay him much due to his continued injuries. i bet this is the hold-up.

Colorado has had decent regular season success under Tad Boyle, but has never advanced beyond the 2nd round in the NCAAs. He's been there since Bz left, which seems like decades ago.

And now they've hired Manning.

Oh well, it's been a pretty good run.

i doubt he would change was has been working for him
It hasn't been. And Bennett implied he was considering any changes to his system to get things working again. And he was struggling in the portal due to his style of play. Of course, the new law in Virginia may be helping him get transfers as well.

Colorado has had decent regular season success under Tad Boyle, but has never advanced beyond the 2nd round in the NCAAs. He's been there since Bz left, which seems like decades ago.

And now they've hired Manning.

Oh well, it's been a pretty good run.
3 first rounds and 3 second rounds. I'd gladly take it.

manning had plenty of money from the nba; strangely enough... it seems like he may just like coaching

Manning would be one person that I could picture being a worse skier than me.
I don't know how good of a skier you are, but Danny Manning is a former NBA All-Star who looks to still be in pretty good shape.

I don't know how good of a skier you are, but Danny Manning is a former NBA All-Star who looks to still be in pretty good shape.
I'm terrible. Been skiing my whole life and yet for some reason I typically go down the slopes on a stretcher behind a snowmobile. I just was thinking a 6ft 11 dude with bad knees might be worse than me but yeah I doubt it.

Back