• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Marsh wasn't the 13th man last year. Why do you think he would've stuck around and stayed on the bench for his last year of college ball?
I don't think he would have because he didn't. I understand that staff was hoping to keep one of the two bigs that left. Seeing things play out, that makes sense. Experienced bigs are valuable. They just weren't successful on selling it. Understandable on all sides. Ultimately, I don't think he would have been the 13th man. Just the 13 slot on the OGB list. He would likely need Reid to get in early foul trouble, or someone to be injured, to get significant minutes.

According to Hoops Hype, Hunter Sallis' NBA stock is up:

I think Sallis had confidence at Gonzaga but wasn’t able to showcase it,” a longtime NBA executive told HoopsHype. “Now, he was the man at Wake Forest after being a fourth option at Gonzaga.”

FWIW, Sallis wasn't even the 4th option at Gonzaga.

Pitt's Carlton Carrington looks to be a 1st round pick.

The link

According to Hoops Hype, Hunter Sallis' NBA stock is up:

I think Sallis had confidence at Gonzaga but wasn’t able to showcase it,” a longtime NBA executive told HoopsHype. “Now, he was the man at Wake Forest after being a fourth option at Gonzaga.”

FWIW, Sallis wasn't even the 4th option at Gonzaga.

Pitt's Carlton Carrington looks to be a 1st round pick.

The link
He gone!

I think JIC is either on campus now, or has been/will be this week

How are the #CreamyVibes for JIC?
I think we get him if we want him. I think the staff is going to take JIC OR Kasparas -- not both. Goes back to the minutes allocation. Because they have to leave the door open for Sallis to come back. So if JIC commits, I'd be shocked if we get Kasparas. Both those guys are wanting 30mpg

A6xjY9.gif

I think we get him if we want him. I think the staff is going to take JIC OR Kasparas -- not both. Goes back to the minutes allocation. Because they have to leave the door open for Sallis to come back. So if JIC commits, I'd be shocked if we get Kasparas. Both those guys are wanting 30mpg

I don’t agree with this. JIC wouldn’t have a commitable offer if this was the case. Really seems like the staff is all in on Kaspar based on the timing and effort there.

I don’t agree with this. JIC wouldn’t have a commitable offer if this was the case. Really seems like the staff is all in on Kaspar based on the timing and effort there.
I don't think they'd be bringing JIC in unless they were ready to accept his offer. I agree the staff is all in on Kasparas, but there's the chance he doesn't even come across the pond. There's also a solid chance Sallis stays in the draft.

Forbes needs some guards. He's going to take that commitment knowing it eliminates the chances of getting BOTH Kasparas and having room for Sallis.

Not enough minutes for JIC, Kasparas, Cam and Sallis

This whole thing is a gamble and juggling act by the staff. What happens if you wait on Kasparas and Sallis and neither work in our favor? Ya gotta get some talent at some point

I don't think they'd be bringing JIC in unless they were ready to accept his offer. I agree the staff is all in on Kasparas, but there's the chance he doesn't even come across the pond. There's also a solid chance Sallis stays in the draft.

Forbes needs some guards. He's going to take that commitment knowing it eliminates the chances of getting BOTH Kasparas and having room for Sallis.

Not enough minutes for JIC, Kasparas, Cam and Sallis

It’s certainly all a very risky plan. But I think Sallis and Kaspar are/can be special players and I don’t think the staff would risk either one by taking a commitment from JIC. He’s solid and could help, but I feel like it’s a different level. He never even started at UTSA, a sub 250 KP team.

Hoping we aren't putting all of our eggs in this european basket. Would not want to hand the starting PG role to him as a true freshman, given our spotty history with Europeans. And if he's really that good, why wouldn't he just go in this draft?

It’s certainly all a very risky plan. But I think Sallis and Kaspar are/can be special players and I don’t think the staff would risk either one by taking a commitment from JIC. He’s solid and could help, but I feel like it’s a different level. He never even started at UTSA, a sub 250 KP team.
Like the staff, I'm also all in on Kaspar and Sallis. Just hope it works out!

I mean, maybe I'm wrong and JIC would accept being a 15-20 mpg guy. He certainly wouldn't see a ton of minutes for Auburn either.

Auburn already has top-50 portal recruit J.P. Pegues at point, returning senior starter Denver Jones at SG, and incoming top-30 national recruit Tahaad Pettitford at CG. UCF returns their second-leading scorer to start at PG, has incoming top-40 recruit Mikey Williams at SG, and a returning rotation player at SG. So, yes, any talk of JIC demanding 30 mpg is clown analysis, and it's hard to fathom the staff dropping the KJ pursuit if JIC commits.

This recruitment strikes me as a hedge against either: 1. KJ not coming, or 2. Sallis not returning and the contingency plan falling through or not being able to play point. I hope we grab him, but this spot is arguably the least important left available, and I'm moderately surprised we've got a player of JIC's caliber visiting. Hopefully, the staff will seal the deal, but I'm not expecting it.

Back