• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Love seeing Forbes play paintball with the whole crew today!

Yeah Forbes is doing a great job getting those guys to loosen up and have some fun. I can only imagine how hard he's working them in practice, so it's important they enjoy their time outside of the gym.

Also slightly off topic but I was at Putters last weekend and an outside table was full of our guys. I recognized Cam because, well, you know, and I recognized Rob Mac.because of his hair. Forbes' son was there, as well as another coach and couple other guys. They seemed to be having a nice, chill lunch.

We are in such great hands with this staff.

This might be deserving of its own thread, but is anyone else listening to the BLeav in Wake Forest podcast by LD and Hoekstra? Lots of just casual convo but pretty fascinating look into various player personalities and the program.

I second this. Everyone should be listening to this if you’re here because you’re a WF bball nut.

The Forbes interview was interesting. Williamson too. Lots more coming it sounds like. There is nowhere else (that I’m aware of) to get this sort of inside access and get to know the personalities.

And a shout out to LD and Bobby for taking the initiative and the time. Hope to see LD in a coaching capacity somewhere
/someday.

This might be deserving of its own thread, but is anyone else listening to the BLeav in Wake Forest podcast by LD and Hoekstra? Lots of just casual convo but pretty fascinating look into various player personalities and the program.

I've listened to most of them. They do a great job and are the truest of Deacs. The best was hands down when they had Forbes on, but they've had a few other good ones.

The teams who have guys who care the least about NIL and "getting theirs" will be the teams who win championships. Your Kentucky's of the world are going to be stacked full of guys only trying to get their numbers and ultimately will cause chemistry problems within.

Give me a bunch of 3 and 4 year players who care about the real college experience, who care to play as a team and aren't worried about showing out each game on an individual level. Those teams will win championships.

Hottake over.

My gut tells me that Forbes understands this and is recruiting accordingly. That said, you need 1 or 2 stars to compliment those 3 and 4 year guys.

Kofi Cockburn in the transfer portal. Brad Underwood has his work cut out for him this season.

Assume Cockburn will follow his coaches to Kentucky. The Olivier Sarr disaster has zero repercussions for UK’s ability to attract transfers.

Kofi Cockburn in the transfer portal. Brad Underwood has his work cut out for him this season.

Assume Cockburn will follow his coaches to Kentucky. The Olivier Sarr disaster has zero repercussions for UK’s ability to attract transfers.

Churn and burn baby. Cal never stops doing Cal things.

He’s already spending his Friday nights going to high school sporting events. Definitely true.

Friday nights are meant for HS football and playoff baseball. Saturday's are for college football and Sunday's are meant to be sat on my couch watching RedZone.

God bless the small town southern man.

Realize that WF is done building its roster, but according to verbalcommits, Illinois' Kofi Cockburn entered the transfer portal yesterday. If doesn't turn pro, he would be a ridiculously strong add for any program.

Similarly, Oral Roberts Kevin Obanor who dominated in the NCAA tournament (30 points 11 boards against tOSU; 28/11 against Florida). Obanor is 6-8 and shot a 46% from 3. Obanor initially declared for the NBA draft, but now it looks like he will return to college for one more year.

Last edited:
Obaner entered today too.

Get the feeling the blue bloods will find some roster space for these late entries

So we don't have any scholarships and there's nothing we could do to make room for one of these guys?

So we don't have any scholarships and there's nothing we could do to make room for one of these guys?

Moot point.

As stated above, Kofi likely following Chin Coleman to KY.
Obanor alsonot going to consider Wake Forest.

Last edited:
If Cockburn goes to KY, hope it goes as well as Saar's one year stop in Lexington.

Somewhere it was posted that Forbes lost 20 lbs. I am skeptical after seeing him at the Hawks game. Dude needs to show the same discipline he requires of his players.

Back