• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Musselman works the transfer market. They already have landed:

- PG Chris Lykes from Miami
- Swing Audise Toney from Pitt
- SF Trey Wade from Wichita State
- Swing Jaxson Robinson from Texas A&M
- Swing Stanley Umude from South Dakota (averaged 22 ppg; 7 rpg; was higher rated than Obanor in the Summit conference)

The Razorbacks also return a handful of guys from Musselman's regular rotation on Arkansas's Final 8 team from last year.

I didn't realized Lykes transferred.

Thanks. Weird decision to call it mixed based on that write up.

College basketball analysts are straining to find material right now with transfer portal closed and no games until November. Guessing that the analyst put less time in reviewing the net transfer portal gain or loss for Wake Forest than those on this Board trying to decipher his analysis. BY any rationale measure, WF had a net gain through the transfer portal, even with the unfortunate loss of Ody and with Monsanto's injury. WF is going to be a much better team next year, which isn't saying much given that WF went 5-15 (3-15) last year.

Interesting that the staff just straight up ranked the players. Seems to suggest a starting lineup of Whitt, Williamson, Hildreth, LaRavia, and Walton.

maybe. Per Conor, staff says Lucas Taylor had a great summer

Also, Forbes is down 41 lbs since his birthday

Apparently, Lucas Taylor was money from behind the arc. Huge development. 3 point shooting is such a critical part of college hoop these days.

gotta wonder if the staff releasing a list which excludes Mucius is a way of sending a message

Williams was basically tied for the fifth spot. His passing and all around play was highly touted.

maybe. Per Conor, staff says Lucas Taylor had a great summer

Also, Forbes is down 41 lbs since his birthday

Kid shot 52% on 3s and can't make the top 5 (6) list of summer performers?!?!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

(I did ask Forbes to elaborate later, to which he said Lucas doesn't take a ton of 3s but when he does, he's accurate. He praised his work ethic and noted that Cam Hildreth is ahead of Taylor because he was playing against grown men/better competition than AAU.)

Was on campus briefly this morning. Spotted Hildreth on crutches. No boot, sling, nothing I would think to be super concerned about - but on crutches nonetheless. Hopefully just precautionary, but thought it relevant to post here.

Was on campus briefly this morning. Spotted Hildreth on crutches. No boot, sling, nothing I would think to be super concerned about - but on crutches nonetheless. Hopefully just precautionary, but thought it relevant to post here.

Think he’s been dealing with turf toe all summer. If I had to guess, athletic trainer told him to stay off of it for a few weeks while the basketball team is on their break before they gear up for fall practices.

Wake MBB Instagram posted a great video of Forbes handing out water/koozies and chatting with students and families during move-in.

Back