• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

We’re going to have a whole new team.......again.

RJ, you should move to the message board of whatever school Massoud transfers to.

We’re going to have a whole new team.......again.

Except this time it will be for the best. Forbes is doing everything he should... keeping the key guys who he thinks can help Wake win and advising the others to find a new place to play.

so it's starting to firm up now

1: Whitt, DW
2: DW, Bob McC, maybe Cam
3. Zeke, Cam
4. jake, ody, TBD freshman big
5. TBD GT Big / ody

dubose in the mix at 2/3 if he stays. Tariq as depth at 4/5 if he hangs

Now we are without our best two FT shooters and best two 3 point shooters. There's some work to do.

Instead of the antiquated Deacon, maybe we should have a revolving door as our mascot.

so it's starting to firm up now

1: Whitt, DW
2: DW, Bob McC, maybe Cam
3. Zeke, Cam
4. jake, ody, TBD freshman big
5. TBD GT Big / ody

dubose in the mix at 2/3 if he stays. Tariq as depth at 4/5 if he hangs

I am with this one. Although I think Tariq will make a contribution if he returns (and fully healthy) which I think he will

I am with this one. Although I think Tariq will make a contribution if he returns (and fully healthy) which I think he will

it's a good squad. McC's ability to elevate and finish at rim may start to push DW as the season goes on, we'll see. and if cam's shooting is more consistent than zeke and he can D up ok same could happen at 3

In all of the news about comings and goings, has Jalen Johnson announced his intentions? Except for Neath, thought Johnson was the most likely to move on, but depending on who else transfers in, he could have a role.

Now we are without our best two FT shooters and best two 3 point shooters. There's some work to do.

Instead of the antiquated Deacon, maybe we should have a revolving door as our mascot.

Forbes did what he had to do. Only Manning guys left are Mucius and Ody, which were the only 2 guys he inherited that deserved to take a scholarship on an ACC team.

I would've been fine with massoud returning and think he could've carved out a 15mpg slot as a role player, but having 5 openings and a brand new team next season is much more exciting.

I'm sure Massoud will land on his feet.

it's a good squad. McC's ability to elevate and finish at rim may start to push DW as the season goes on, we'll see. and if cam's shooting is more consistent than zeke and he can D up ok same could happen at 3

Definitely excited for those two. They look vastly underrated by recruiting service numbers based on what I have seen from their tape

If we start Whitt DW, who is the backup PG? If we start those two, who plays D?

If we start those two and don't get an ace big, it will be a very long season.

If we start Whitt DW, who is the backup PG? If we start those two, who plays D?

If we start those two and don't get an ace big, it will be a very long season.

We have 5(!) Open scholarships for next season and a lot of time to fill the roster. Forbes will make you proud.

He pulled Antonio, Jalen and DW late in the game last year. With all of the talent in the portal, I imagine guys like Massoud and Neath will be afterthoughts in a few weeks.

Given the departures, confident that WF is going to bring in at least two more players via transfer. At least one may be a PG.

Does anybody really have negative vibes after this Massoud transfer?? 5 open scholarship for Forbes to work with and all of our ACC level players staying.. this excites me

There were reasons for those three. There is no reason to go a guy who can't shoot, was on a terrible team and played in a bad conference.

HARD PASS!!

WFU Basketball - '21-22 Roster Construction - LaRavia+, Neath/Okpomo/Wilkins/Adams-

Does anybody really have negative vibes after this Massoud transfer?? 5 open scholarship for Forbes to work with and all of our ACC level players staying.. this excites me

Exactly. All these transfers really just tell (or confirm) me one thing: The talent on the team this year was horrendous. We’ve now retained the 5 ACC level players from that team with 3 studs already committed for next year. Every player we get from the portal will be a massive upgrade from who we lost to the portal. Getting these players in for next season expedites the rebuild too. Couldn’t be more exited to see who else we add in the coming weeks!

Back