• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Armaan Franklin from IU, Jarron Coleman from Ball St.

There’s also a big man from Connecticut we are going after.

You should subscribe to Les’ site. I feel dirty bringing scoops over here.

Wahab leaving G'town makes no sense. He was becoming a star. His coach is connected to everyone in the NBA and was an all time great center.

If Mike Woodson to IU reports prove true, the Franklin transfer and Coleman transfer could become more difficult.

If Mike Woodson to IU reports prove true, the Franklin transfer and Coleman transfer could become more difficult.

Why? I think that is an uninspiring hire. The IU message boards are in a near meltdown. I think this is way better for us than if Moser had been hired.

Why? I think that is an uninspiring hire. The IU message boards are in a near meltdown. I think this is way better for us than if Moser had been hired.

Thad Matta becomes associate AD for basketball. Woodson brings vast experience in the NBA as a player and coach. Matta brings elite level college coaching/administrative experience. That combo will cover most bases. Indianapolis is home to both of them. It may not be glamorous but it could be effective.

Thad Matta becomes associate AD for basketball. Woodson brings vast experience in the NBA as a player and coach. Matta brings elite level college coaching/administrative experience. That combo will cover most bases. Indianapolis is home to both of them. It may not be glamorous but it could be effective.

? Never crossed my mine that any kid cares who is AD...

? Never crossed my mine that any kid cares who is AD...
When the AD is one of the best coaches in college basketball who will be involved in the day to day of the program, they'll care...IF Matta hasn't been gone too long for his name to mean anything to kids and their parents/handlers.

A program will try to get kids to care about whoever will help them recruit the kid.

Woodson: Used to coach Lebron before he got fired
Matta: Used to be a great college basketball coach before he couldn't walk

Pretty sure most kids care who the coach is, and they don’t care if the Pope is AD.

No one cares who the associate AD for basketball is. That person can't recruit. Woodson brings a shitty NBA record. Woodson would not have been anywhere near the radar for this job if he didn't play for IU. They didn't want to try another mid-major du jour and they struck out on all the existing power 5 guys they tried. This is a total disaster of a hire. I grew up in Indiana my friends who went to IU and still care and college basketball are beside themselves.

Last edited:
LaRavia's teammate Tre Williams is committing today at 3. Don't know if we are interested.

We still need what 5 kids for next year? When do we start getting nervous about no news May?

We still need what 5 kids for next year? When do we start getting nervous about no news May?

When more of these transfers start coming off the market. It's an unprecedented situation this year, so I don't think anyone really knows the timeline.

Sorry if this is Haas, but Quadry Adams committed to St. Bonaventure: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/greater-olean/sections/education/articles/quadry-adams-will-transfer-to-st-bonaventure-to-play-basketball

St. Bonnie is an excellent program. They won the A-10 this past season (lost to LSU in the opening round). Adams will have good chance to play in the NCAAs heading forward.

Not even close to time to get concerned about filling out the roster. 23 players entered the portal since this morning. WF roster won't be set for weeks.

Back