• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Give me Whitt's team in that hypothetical matchup.

Pretty much only because I think that team's offense would run a lot more smoothly and score points more easily.

Oof. Someone just posted this on the other board. I am not including their user name for anonymity, and certainly not trying to upset anyone. But holy shit is this a bad take:

Real hot take for this group but I ultimately think Wake Forest regrets this hire. It's apparent you're all high on Forbes and I like the optimism. Forbes gave me the concern though over the last third of the season that he's not going to accept this losing for long. If he can't get his way, get his kids, and starting getting W's, I think he'll pack his own bags and move on to a situation back in the midwest where he can deploy his coaching and recruiting style. It would be in his best interest to leave on his own terms, blame the school's academics, and save his own skin. If he doesn't work, it's a shot in both feet because Wake could still be paying Manning and then as fan we're entering year 13 or 14 of one desolate stretch

Oof. Someone just posted this on the other board. I am not including their user name for anonymity, and certainly not trying to upset anyone. But holy shit is this a bad take:

Real hot take for this group but I ultimately think Wake Forest regrets this hire. It's apparent you're all high on Forbes and I like the optimism. Forbes gave me the concern though over the last third of the season that he's not going to accept this losing for long. If he can't get his way, get his kids, and starting getting W's, I think he'll pack his own bags and move on to a situation back in the midwest where he can deploy his coaching and recruiting style. It would be in his best interest to leave on his own terms, blame the school's academics, and save his own skin. If he doesn't work, it's a shot in both feet because Wake could still be paying Manning and then as fan we're entering year 13 or 14 of one desolate stretch

Steve Forbes is definitely the kind of guy who just gives up when things are difficult. He has absolutely no record of grinding it out at tough stops over the course of his career to earn a job as the HC of an ACC team.

Hard to make this stuff up: "Wake will regret hiring a guy who can't stand losing."

If it were a parody post, it'd be viewed as over the top.

We have enough hot takes on this board. We don't need to borrow hot takes from other sites.

tenor.gif

Who wins between these 2 lineups:

DW
Hildreth
Lucas Taylor
LaRavia
Ody

OR

Whitt
McCray
Monsanto
Mucius
Walton

That is an interesting match up. If I'm running practice, that exact set of lineups happens at least once.

I like Whitt and his group. I think end of season Whitt was better than DW, and I think Walton is better than Ody by a little.

That is an interesting match up. If I'm running practice, that exact set of lineups happens at least once.

I like Whitt and his group. I think end of season Whitt was better than DW, and I think Walton is better than Ody by a little.

Wasn't DW by far our leading scorer the last several games of the year?

Need a 40% 3 point shooter and a slasher with some strength.

We get that and look out boys, the Forbes Train will be rollin'

Some ACC transfer portal adds today:

Duke:

Bates Jones (Daniel Jones brother; he was a ZERO at Davidson; no chance Duke would've brought him in if his brother wasn't the most high profile Duke FB players in a long time)
Theo John (averaged 8 points and 5 rpg at Marquette; if he plays a large role at Duke, they aren't going to be that good)

UNC:

Bradey Manek (averaged 10 and 5 at OU; can shoot the 3 a little; tells you where UNC is right now when Brady Manek and Justin McCoy head to Chapel to play a bigger role)

The ACCis prime for a changing of the guard, and I like our chances to compete for the top. New AD, Coach, players. I hate to lose Randolph from the bench. Would be nice to have some older ex-players around... kids seem to dig that. My pops isn’t sold on Forbes, yet. Say he yells too much! I guess he was okay with Mr. Congeniality the past several years. I can’t wait for this team to prove some people wrong!

The u*NC and Duke guys were 19 and 40 in the Athletic list of portal guys. So they can't be too shabby.

Back