• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Found these highlights of his debut with Surrey. Two 4-point plays and a game winner.

Here's a 37/10/5 game with Worthing last year.

You gotta figure Camzilla is going to be that much more impressive over time with focused coaching and S&C. He may be a bit streaky, but he seems like one of those "look out" players.

So we have Killa Cam, The Gingah Ninja, and now Camzilla.

He already has more nicknames than any player I can think of in wakes history.

“Hates to lose” and in possession of “admirable self-confidence.”Childress redux.

in his highlight videos, Brockington seems like a more skilled version of LD Williams. He would be a nice pickup for a one year player and would be the best transition player on the team the first day of practice.

Brockington would be a great get. I think we have a good shot based on the competition. Seems like a perfect fit.

Killa Cam is a sweet nickname. Forget the others.

He looks like a starter, not a rotation guy. Nice finishes in the paint with the left hand too.

Surray lost yesterday and will miss the BBL playoffs. Cam didn't play for the second straight game. He tweeted this before the game.

I highly doubt Cam will start at any point next season. Y'all seriously be underrating DWill. I am assuming we pick up another experienced guard in the portal as well

Last edited:
Did anybody say he was going to start?

Yes. I have heard the prediction multiple times on this board from different people that Cam will be a starter towards the end of the season. Including a couple posts ago.

I would wager that he won't.

I think Cam looks awesome and will have a great career here but I think the best case scenario for him next season is a rotational guy off the bench with a max of 15-20 minutes a game. Hope I am wrong and he is as good as y'all think he is.

Last edited:
Yes. I have heard the prediction multiple times on this board from different people that Cam will be a starter towards the end of the season. Including a couple posts ago.

I would wager that he won't.

I think Cam looks awesome and will have a great career here but I think the best case scenario for him next season is a rotational guy off the bench with a max of 15-20 minutes a game. Hope I am wrong and he is as good as y'all think he is.

15 or 20 minutes is a lot of playing time. 20 some minutes per game whether you’re in the starting 5 when come on the court is still getting starter minutes or close to it. Tic for tac, let’s just hope he contributes in a positive way...

I highly doubt Cam will start at any point next season. Y'all seriously be underrating DWill. I am assuming we pick up another experienced guard in the portal as well

Frankly, I think McCray has been underrated by this board among a lot of the Cam hype.

Frankly, I think McCray has been underrated by this board among a lot of the Cam hype.

100%. McCray has NBA-level athleticism as a 6'4 PG. He appears to be a lefty but can finish equally strong with both hands. And I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing this correctly or whether he really is shooting from distance with both his right and left. Check at 1:54. He appears to be shooting a 3 with his right even he primarily shoots with his left.

I think you get as many talented players as possible and then you work out the rotations and playing time in practices.

100%. McCray has NBA-level athleticism as a 6'4 PG. He appears to be a lefty but can finish equally strong with both hands. And I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing this correctly or whether he really is shooting from distance with both his right and left. Check at 1:54. He appears to be shooting a 3 with his right even he primarily shoots with his left. https://www.ogboards.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3693012

The team in black plays defense like Mannings old teams.

He's shooting with his left. Pause it at 1:54 and it's clear.

Back