• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I don't think so. I seem to recall reading in the FAQ that is was Android only. Developer is achijones.footballcoach at gmail, in Palm Bay, FL. He wrote a football app before this one.

Glad to hear a relaunch is soon. How do you like the new version?

I like it. The app was badly outdated, so there was pretty much nowhere else to go but up. It is very much the same, yet different. Too much to explain in a post. Best bet is to be an 11th hour tester and see for yourself.

One teaser: practice is now broken up into three parts (60/30/10 percentages, I think), where you can select primary practice focus, secondary focus, and individual training. More elements have been added to practice as well: Finishing (close shooting) and film study (intelligence) have been added. Improvement is not as glacial as before. Now not uncommon to see players improve. kmoney even got the improvement to slow down as players get better, so the improvement is not linear but curves down as you approach Exc.

Ok, another teaser: lineup changes now occur in real time on your browser, and not saved on a file to be uploaded later. The games now start on an automated schedule and not manually.

The UI is very basic, as it should be to start with IMHO. kmoney is working on the functionality first. I assume he'll make it pretty later.

The game engine is still the star of the show; and when testers talk to kmoney, they're comparing the game to NCAA stats for realism. "Blocks are too low. In the NCAA, the leader in blocks had xx and #50 had yy, and the entire league leader only had yy."

There are so few testers that recruiting is super easy. A lot of uber teams out there. A 1/1 or 2/2 tie will make the top 5 of the Top 75.

The game still needs documentation. Veterans can still make out what to do, where to go; but newbies will need assistance. I suggested he farm that out to the current community, and there have been offers, but he has not taken any yet (publicly).

This is pretty neat:

kevinapps wrote:
Could we move to a Swiss-system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament) for the final 2 OOC games?
This would force strong teams to match up against each other in those games rather than playing a patsy.

Pro: Teams would be playing other teams of similar strengths in those games.
Con: You wouldn't know your opponent until close to game day, depending on when the matchup logic is executed.

kmoney replied:
I think that would be pretty cool. See also https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ma ... eat-again/

What we also really need is to add another full week of OOC games. Currently 5 of our 18 games before the national tournaments are OOC, 28%. IRL the number of OOC games is around 37-40%. If we had another 3 OOC games, that would be 8 of 21, which is 38%. Not only more realistic, but it would help correct for imbalanced conferences (especially when combined with kevinapps idea).

Also, anyone playing College Hoops Coach on Android? I'd like to talk about it.

awaken, what email should I use to get in touch with kmoney? Don't remember any of my login info but figured I'd get going and try to sign back up. TIA

awaken, what email should I use to get in touch with kmoney? Don't remember any of my login info but figured I'd get going and try to sign back up. TIA

I searched my Inbox and found this contact"at"drivethelane"dot"com

Alright, so, this is apparently nearing a live launch in the next couple of weeks. We've just finished a 1 game per day season, and K$ says he just wants to run a couple more faster ones before reopening the doors. I think he's mostly done updating things on the front-end for now, so for the most part, what you see is what we'll get at launch.

There are a couple of weird things that make me nervous, but all-in-all, it's nice to have the game back and running smoothly.

Some things to know:
-There's been serious grade inflation with ratings. K$ says this should be tweaked by launch, but I'm skeptical. One team was just announcing their departing seniors, and they had a +10, +8, and +7. My team (my first one in about 15-20 seasons) had a +7 player, a +6, and three +5s, and finished in the RTT (the lowest possible tournament).
-Some of that inflation problem is with practice, as the bumps have been significant so far. Some people are reporting 3+ rating bumps per season, which seems extreme. Again, K$ says this will be lowered prior to launch, and has floated a range of 1.5-2 per class.
-There's not much communication about how the scout ratings work in recruiting now, but they're all completely different. Poor scouted players can pretty much see their ratings go anywhere.
-Still no scrimmages in the works. K$ says they will be added down the line.
-MTSL (multiple team, same league) are banned going forward. Don't think that impacts anyone here, right? Maybe pilotdeac or da? Can't remember.
-It doesn't sound like K$ has made progress on "master accounts" for coaches across leagues yet. I've urged him to try to do this before launch, because I feel strongly that it will make the UI more palatable, and cut down on cases of MTSL.
-K$ has hinted that after launch, he may experiment with different leagues running different sim schedules. Not sure what that will look like, but he's said we'll start off back at MWF.

Is he bringing back our old teams or are we starting from scratch? Any chance we can get him to set us all up in the same league so we don't have an issue getting together?

We're continuing all the same leagues.

He said that he would send an email to everyone that he has emails for when we launch, too.

Very Nice! Glad to hear that, though I'm not sure I have the same email address anymore. Let me know once emails go out and if I don't get one, I'll send him an email at the

awaken said:
contact"at"drivethelane"dot"com

I'd rather everybody start from scratch but whatever. I wonder how much time I've have to devote to this.

There'll probably be a new league or two springing up if you want to start fresh.

Sure but I want to play against you all too.

I'd be ok if the group as a whole wanted to start over as well. I'm cool either way.

hey awaken, what is the game schedule? i just checked in for the first time in a while. it looks like 4 games left this season.

since my last two recruiting classes were around 245/245, i thought i would throw out some of my 400+ recruiting points

Looks like it could take a lot of work to catch up.

Back