• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yeah. I know it's weird to signup to get my head bashed in my awaken but it would make the game more fun.

I think we'd mire ourselves in mediocrity. Local talent would be thinned out, and we'd be hard pressed to ever become Good or Exc Win in recruiting. Meanwhile teams in other leagues get Local talent easily, and recruiting advantage of being Good or Exc with easy wins. Half of us would never make the NTT. I could see the bad Wake teams getting discouraged in a Bz role. There are 10 conference games, btw.

I thought we'd get our old locations back, but if we don't; I propose Deacs in one division of a conference for h2h games. That and some optional OOC Deacs games should be enough to keep it interesting (some teams may opt for cupcakes to pad their schedule for a season or so). Spread the Deac conferences out to different recruiting regions: one in 1-4, one in 5-8, etc for recruiting purposes.

Remind me what it is. 10 conference. 9 tournament. 3 OOC you can pick and 2 locked in OOC.

Is that right?

I see your point, awaken. It's something we should discuss. Do we want to create rivalries in conference or in OOC and hopefully the national tournament?

i think it would make the game really difficult with a full conference of Deacs. i would be willing to try, but christ what a gauntlet that would be.

i would think that we could get maybe 2-4 deacs per conference and still be able to battle in OOC games like our tournament

Remind me what it is. 10 conference. 9 tournament. 3 OOC you can pick and 2 locked in OOC.

Is that right?

I see your point, awaken. It's something we should discuss. Do we want to create rivalries in conference or in OOC and hopefully the national tournament?

I believe it's 24? 28? conferences.

It used to be that +/- 1-2 regions was 'local' but it has changed.

Now Regions are groups together

so 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, 17-20, 21-24 are each 'local' within their groups. So if you're in region 14, local is 13, 14, 15, 16.

As to one conference, I'm fine with the challenge. If you're good enough to get out of it then you'll be good enough to fight it out in the NTT. That said if we want to break out 2-3 per region groups, I can understand the appeal. I know it used to be fun seeing how many DeACCon teams we could get into the NTT. It might also be nice to actually face each other every season vs once and a while via NTT or pre-season.

BTW,

I just saw this on the forum:

- what leagues are going to be available, new vs old leagues
Just a single league to start, it will be a new league. We'll roll out more new leagues and reboot the old ones as time goes on (no estimate currently, but it will be a while for the old leagues, probably looking at early 2018).

So unless we want to wait til 2018, we'll have to play in a new league. I honestly only really want to play 1 league so... up to you guys.

I'm all it for a new league. I don't plan on doing the old league.

I like the region set up. Maybe we aim for two teams each in one conference within each region like 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, and 20.

Whatever we do, we need to get people back to the thread and figure it out. I'm good for either option.

I know I've asked before but what do I need to do to get back on board with a team if I don't remember any of my log in info? Can I just sign up fresh with a new log in? Or do I need to email kmoney?

tau, you need to email kmoney.

I think spreading out a bit will improve the odds of everybody enjoying the game. If we cannibalize ourselves in a single conference, the discouraged coaches quit and we have half Deacon conferences anyway. I think if we spread ourselves out (still have 4 Deacs in a single conference division plus OOC games) then more can succeed, and we can strive for goals like "have all Deacs in Final Four."

I think we need a roll call here to see who is still interested, and now would be a good time to introduce the game to new people - on this board, other boards, offline friends, etc.

Sounds good. Do you want to change the thread title and maybe add a roll call and sign up instructions to the initial post?

Haven't been around for a while, but I will be jumping back into the game as it comes back.

Also:

League 31
Unread postby kmoney » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 am

Well, it only took until the heat death of the universe, but we're about there. I've created the new league, League 31. Set to start Monday August 14th. When you click the sign up link on the home page, it should now take you to an actual sign up form (it is here: http://drivethelane.com/signup). You can request a specific team if you would like. Remember no MTSL anymore, please just sign up for one team.

You can also sign up for a team in the new league by logging in with one of your other accounts (a test account if you have one, or an odtl account), clicking on "My Account" and then clicking "Sign up for Another Account". This will join your accounts. It is recommended to join all your accounts together. You can jump between them on your My Account page. You can also fill out the general signup form and then merge accounts later.

You should be able to purchase credits and upgrade your program. If you have credits with one of your old accounts you can transfer them.

I'm sure I'm leaving out many things.. it's late.. let me know of any bugs.. one million thank yous to everyone who has stuck around and helped out!!!

So that's the new league we are all going to join?

My understanding is that the new league 31 is the only league that will be operating for a while at least. At some point other new leagues will be started and the old leagues will be brought back but not sure of the time frame for those. If everyone's going to join a league this would be the one.

So that's the new league we are all going to join?

Yep.

Warak and I jumped in opposite divisions in Conference #10.

St. Petersburg Chimera storm
Myrtle Beach Gorgons warak3

Yep.

Warak and I jumped in opposite divisions in Conference #10.

St. Petersburg Chimera storm
Myrtle Beach Gorgons warak3

I am in Durham as Deacon Blues.

Ph to Ocala?

I was torn whether to follow the east coast bias or go out to the mid-west somewhere and thrive on interim coaches and low competition recruiting. The next band of Deacs should probably hit up an empty conference in the 20's.

lol, so we have 3 deacs in Conference 10 now

I am in Durham as Deacon Blues.

Ph to Ocala?

I was torn whether to follow the east coast bias or go out to the mid-west somewhere and thrive on interim coaches and low competition recruiting. The next band of Deacs should probably hit up an empty conference in the 20's.

PH do Daytona to put 2/2 in divisions

Since there are 3 of us in Conference 10, it should be a bit easier to schedule DeACCon as we could just use 1st divisional match ups as part of it. Meaning we might be able to get everyone into the same bracket each Season.

Assuming PH joins C10 as well (ideally Daytona), that would put 4 deacs in Region 3 (Conference 9 Conference 10 Conference 11 Conference 12) it be ideal if we put another set of deacs in Region 6 or 7
Region 6 Conference 21 Conference 22 Conference 23 Conference 24
Region 7 Conference 25 Conference 26 Conference 27 Conference 28

Currently no players in 24 or 25.

If that happens, then the DeACCon could be pretty easy to schedule piting top C10 vs top in 24/25, 2nd, etc. Sort of like Big10ACC. So we would have cross conference play in pre-season and conference play in regular season.

I thought we were going to do 2 per region to spread us out.

Back