• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

My plan was four in same division (north or south), conference and region. That gives us some h2h and some non-Deacs (cpu coaches? not on the east coast) to beat up on, too. But for recruiting purposes, Deacs should not overlap recruiting regions and join other conferences within that region - so the Deacs in C10 should be the only ones in R3 (C9-12).

I'd agree with 4 Deacs per conference, keeping the conferences in separate regions, but I'd prefer 2 in each division in conference.

Overloading a half conference with all Deac coaches seems like a bad idea.

Though to be fair, I'm not sure we'll have the 12 coaches to get to 3 conferences here.

we can always ask kmoney to sort us out

I thought we were going to do 2 per region to spread us out.

I thought so as well. But I'm fine either way.

We might be better suited to having 3 deacs per region. If they are in the same conference, then we could easily setup the DeACCon so each conference plays each other during the two weeks of scrimmages (assuming 9 of us remain). If we end up with 4 conferences of 3, we could then rotate each season and at least get 3/4 conferences facing off.

I'd agree with 4 Deacs per conference, keeping the conferences in separate regions, but I'd prefer 2 in each division in conference.

Overloading a half conference with all Deac coaches seems like a bad idea.

I hear ya, and don't necessarily disagree; but at the time, the talk was 8 deacs in a conference. I guess it just depends on how many deac games are desired.

4 in division = 6 h2h games + 0 singles games
2 in each division = 2 h2h games + 2 single games

I'm good either way. Glad there is agreement on not overlapping recruiting regions.

I'm a little confused about the purpose of this 31 league. Is it temporary? permanent? Are we ever getting back the team we had in 2015? What is it's value above the test league currently running on new servers.

Currently this is the only league available. he said he would slowly add back older leagues sometime in 2018. So unless we want to wait 6 months +, we have to do League 31.

I have a feeling there is some underlying migration that is necessary, plus he may be just trying to add leagues slowly due to wanting to watch things and verify no issues. Doing a new league is a better option for this as it won't screw up any historical leagues (if issue) and it doesn't force all of us to join (or sit out) if he picked a league at random with maybe 10% occupancy of returning coaches.

When L7 comes back we'll just have to decide if we're staying in 31, doing both, or switch to 7. I tend to prefer 1 league not both.

Since there are 3 of us in Conference 10, it should be a bit easier to schedule DeACCon as we could just use 1st divisional match ups as part of it. Meaning we might be able to get everyone into the same bracket each Season.

Assuming PH joins C10 as well (ideally Daytona), that would put 4 deacs in Region 3 (Conference 9 Conference 10 Conference 11 Conference 12) it be ideal if we put another set of deacs in Region 6 or 7
Region 6 Conference 21 Conference 22 Conference 23 Conference 24
Region 7 Conference 25 Conference 26 Conference 27 Conference 28

Currently no players in 24 or 25.

If that happens, then the DeACCon could be pretty easy to schedule piting top C10 vs top in 24/25, 2nd, etc. Sort of like Big10ACC. So we would have cross conference play in pre-season and conference play in regular season.

For those who may have missed it.

Also, It's kind of wonky how Kmoney did it but you can 'merge' accounts now. So you only have to log into one account, even though you have to setup a login/pw for each account. (don't ask me why...)

When you login, go to my account:
http://drivethelane.com/my-account

"merge existing account"

You will need the login/pw for the team you want to merge. The benefit of doing this is that you get a button on the bottom of this screen to easily switch from one 'login' to another. Again, not how I would have implemented it but at least we only have to remember 1 login once we setup the other accounts and you can switch without logging out.

I'll add a team but will probably try to get my Flagstaff team back. Spread out from some of you great coaches haha.

Man... Conference 10 is going to be a beast to navigate...

Team4 Year RankAvg ClassDeac
St. Petersburg Chimera358Stormfury
Clemson Kings462.5
Jackson Five763
Myrtle Beach Gorgons1366.5Warak
Durham Deacon Blues2077.8Awaken

5 programs in top 20! Thanks Warak...

PH you said you wanted a challenge :) LOL

I'll add a team but will probably try to get my Flagstaff team back. Spread out from some of you great coaches haha.

Flagstaff Magicians *interim256 0 0

Be forewarned though, Swooper and some of the more active beta testers are trying to put together a full conference in C30 for 'competition'. They will be direct local rivals. That said, if deacs want to jump in C32, there is only 1 current owner in that conference.

I have Stillwater in c26. Looks like there are a couple of other active non-Deacon coaches in my division. I don't love the idea of overloading conferences/divisions w/Deacs but if others want to join up feel free. My roster is looking pretty rough FWIW, going to be a couple seasons before I'm competitive.

Is there a way to see available teams? I don't think the "choose a team" menu is removing claimed teams.

Nvm, figured it out. Not exactly an intuitive system, but I've got the C11 Starkville Tonies. +50/-8. Recruiting will be hell for all of us, but it looks like most regions will be active?

Last edited:
Nvm, figured it out. Not exactly an intuitive system, but I've got the C11 Starkville Tonies. +50/-8. Recruiting will be hell for all of us, but it looks like most regions will be active?

What? Weren't we all in agreement not to jump in same recruiting region after Deac conference was established. You are now local with C10.

What? Weren't we all in agreement not to jump in same recruiting region after Deac conference was established. You are now local with C10.

Sigh. Apparently, we're not all following the same process. Perhaps Kmoney can move some of us around. I don't see a way to leave a team and add a new one.

we were, and then it was sort of totally unclear where the available teams were and where y'all were

I'm fine asking kmoney to switch

Back