• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pie or Cake?

Which is your go-to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pie...i like fruit. if it's a non-fruit type of pie, then the decision gets harder for me. but apple, cherry, peach, etc, it's a no-brainer for me.

Although I do believe I will probably end up in the minority, I voted pie. Key lime, lemon meringue, chocolate, apple, strawberry, etc etc. So good.

I like cake a lot, but it has nothing on pie, IMO.

I'm not big on sweets but I generally prefer cake. I think I like the non-sweetness of the cake part of cake.

That being said... my mom's apple pie is the shit.

With very few exceptions I'll take cake every time. The only pies I don't think I could do without are key lime and my fresh strawberry pie. Other than that, cake cake cake. Why? Dunno. Maybe the frosting.

Fun fact: I eat my pie from the wide end to the point so I don't get stuck with a lot of crust in the last bite.

I'm beginning to think I haven't had enough types of pie.

I think I've only had: apple, key lime, pecan, pumpkin, and chocolate chip.

Wait. Is this baking or eating? I'd rather bake a cake because they come in a box and are so easy. But I'd rather eat a pie. Every time.

Dude.... You need to get more pie in your life.

Those are excellent (except pumpkin, which I just generally don't care for) but so many other fantastic options out there.

My favorite cake (red velvet) beats my favorite pie (key lime), but overall and in general, pies beat cakes.

You're missing at least strawberry rhubard and blueberry. But really Apple pie is enough to defeat all cake (even funfetti and red velvet!) single-handedly.

I am assuming that ice cream cake counts as ice cream and not cake. Ice cream cake a la mode is the best.

I've never had a girl make me a pie or a cake. I make them for myself. My cheesecakes are the tits.

Back