• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pie or Cake?

Which is your go-to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cake, but I really don't like dessert at all. That being said my two favorite desserts are both cakes: carrot cake and coconut cake.

24mz6ko.jpg

Pie. It's not close, unless you're a 13-year old who also puts ketchup on hot dogs, A1 on steaks, and uses ranch for anything.

And yeah, if you consider cheesecake as a pie (rightfully so), it gets even more laughably lopsided.

I had cheesecakes at my wedding in lieu of the always-awful traditional wedding cake.

Pie 4 lyfe, n00bz.

Pie definitely. It's way more versatile, you can have savory pies (delicious) or sweet pies (also delicious). I've never had a good savory cake on the other hand.

Mediocre cake > mediocre pie

Great (almost universally homemade) pie > great cake

Crappy store-bought or even restaurant pie is usually such a letdown that I'd rather have supermarket sheet cake. Pie is pork and cake is steak.

Mediocre cake > mediocre pie

Great (almost universally homemade) pie > great cake

Crappy store-bought or even restaurant pie is usually such a letdown that I'd rather have supermarket sheet cake. Pie is pork and cake is steak.

This post is full of horribleness. Awful.

I don't really like deserts all that much in the first place. But I'd probably choose Cake. I'm not a big fruits person, so teh only pie I really enjoy is chocolate :laugh:. There is a chocolate eclair cake at Sermet's Corner in Charleston that is amazing though. Also, teh hummingbird cake at Mustard Seed down there. Nomnom, probs the only time I ever really eat deserts.

Also, how teh hell are you guys considering cheesecake a pie? It's got the word cake in it's fucking name. I know it's not the same thing as other cakes, but if anything, it's neutral and should stay out of this discussion; because it alone can unfairly tilt the scales with it's awesomeness.

Also, how teh hell are you guys considering cheesecake a pie? It's got the word cake in it's fucking name. I know it's not the same thing as other cakes, but if anything, it's neutral and should stay out of this discussion; because it alone can unfairly tilt the scales with it's awesomeness.

Cheesecake has a crust and is filled. Unlike cakes, it does not rise. Thus, cheesecake = pie.

Back