• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread

They're talking about moving the Redskins/Eagles game to week 8 because of Hurricane MF Jaoquin, how does that affect things? I guess just avoid players from either of those teams?

Wouldn't you do that anyway?

I've turned a few quarters into like ten bucks on DraftKings with the League of Legends games.

So I entered into two Quintuple Up NFL contests for $10. Won one of them for $50. And finished .02 points outside of 3rd place in another that would have won me $50.

Bummer, but still a confidence builder.

That Ted Ginn Jr FLEX and Allen Hurns WR plays really helped me.

I rode Freeman's back to $60 on FanDuel this week. Pretty pleased, covers all the money I put in to start the year.

I rode Freeman's back to $60 on FanDuel this week. Pretty pleased, covers all the money I put in to start the year.

My dumbass replaced Freeman in my lineups at very last minute. Obviously the Texans D deserves much less respect than I gave them. That move basically lowered my scores to the 140s vs 180 had I left him in. Pretty much killed me in most of my entries.

So Nonny, how have you done after the first big week. Haralabob was on the lebatard show this past week and said that most of the pros on there are creating thousands of entries into a single tournament using algorithms. Is that what you're doing?

Haralabob is so bitter about DFS because it's legal and sports betting isn't. Anyway, pretty sure there is a cap of 1000 total entries on any given NFL weekend for one person, at least on the major sites. Of course you could collude with other pros in a co-op or put in entries under a spouse/family member name.

He talks about the rubes getting fleeced a lot, and they are, but this is different from everything else how?

So Nonny, how have you done after the first big week. Haralabob was on the lebatard show this past week and said that most of the pros on there are creating thousands of entries into a single tournament using algorithms. Is that what you're doing?
Not 1000's but a lot of entries. On StarsDraft, I personally have 200 entries into their big overlay $10 tourney each week which is the cap. On other sites, the cap is smaller (FantasyDraft is 20) so I'll max that out.

Overall, I haven't had any big hits and am sitting up around $5k for the year mainly just grinding overlay. One guy in our group has had 2 4th place finishes in decent size tourneys so is up around $15k on the year.

It seems that allowing multiple entries into a tournament is unfair for the same reason I've won 2 of the 4 weeks so far in my pickem league. I have 3 entries out of 100 people, and just give all my confidence points to some underdog and when that hits I win since everyone else only has 1 entry and is trying to win the season and not the week.

It seems that allowing multiple entries into a tournament is unfair for the same reason I've won 2 of the 4 weeks so far in my pickem league. I have 3 entries out of 100 people, and just give all my confidence points to some underdog and when that hits I win since everyone else only has 1 entry and is trying to win the season and not the week.

There are different tournaments with varying caps on entries from 1 to hundreds. Of course ownership percentage is very important from a game theory perspective, and that was the root of the supposed insider trading controversy in DFS the past few weeks. People at draft kings and fan duel were playing on each other's sites with possible access to that info.

So how many TVs do you have in front of you at this moment? Do the people who do it seriously watch all the games on replay?

So how many TVs do you have in front of you at this moment? Do the people who do it seriously watch all the games on replay?

All you need is a main game TV, a red zone tv, and a laptop/tablet for live scoring.

All you need is a main game TV, a red zone tv, and a laptop/tablet for live scoring.

a8c6c278fb96314ae9251520f3c8d65a.jpg

Well said.

Today has been absolutely insane. As I posted, around 4 o'clock I had a Bortles/Robinson/Hurns stack that after hovering around the top 10 for an hour or so, moved into first place on FantasyDraft for their large $5, $12, and $25 tournaments with prize pools of $50k, $100k, and $250k respectively. I had a nice lead after the early games and still had Gronk and Fitzgerald to play. The game flows were horrible for both those guys with their teams going up early but thankfully Fitz got a TD and Gronk was able to pull in a few catches. What almost killed me was that Edelman long TD. It pushed lots of people into contention and I had to be cheering against a Gronk TD at the end in fear that a Brady-Gronk-Edelman stack would pass me.

But even after less than stellar performances from those two, I was sitting in first in each of the contests with a double digit cushion. I had an idea on what I needed to avoid for the two remaining games, but stacks can always come out of nowhere. And tonight, any Eli-Beckham stack was killer. Beckham finished as the #1 WR and Eli was the #2 QB. All game, those stacks just kept creeping and creeping. All the way to the final Eli TD that brought stacks to within a point of me, but thankfully still behind.

For each of those tournaments, my lineup sits in first place at 216.72. That score would have won 3 of the first four weeks this season, but depending upon tomorrow night, scores may be a bit higher this week.

My main competition across the contests are the following:
Antonio Gates down by 15
Danny Woodhead down by 16
Vick + Bell down by 30
Bell down by 28+ (couple here)

And the crazy part is that Woodhead lineup is actually one of the guys in our crew so we're talking about a potential equity split. I've got to take into account the upside potential of Woodhead, his expected point total being around 16-20, but the additional possibility that if Woodhead underperforms, that lineup finishes outside the top 10 while my floor is probably around 5th.

Tomorrow night is gonna be pretty crazy.

That's fantastic. Hope it pans out for you. I sat in first place thrice on LOL bets with one game to go, only to drop to the teens at the end.

Today has been absolutely insane. As I posted, around 4 o'clock I had a Bortles/Robinson/Hurns stack that after hovering around the top 10 for an hour or so, moved into first place on FantasyDraft for their large $5, $12, and $25 tournaments with prize pools of $50k, $100k, and $250k respectively. I had a nice lead after the early games and still had Gronk and Fitzgerald to play. The game flows were horrible for both those guys with their teams going up early but thankfully Fitz got a TD and Gronk was able to pull in a few catches. What almost killed me was that Edelman long TD. It pushed lots of people into contention and I had to be cheering against a Gronk TD at the end in fear that a Brady-Gronk-Edelman stack would pass me.

But even after less than stellar performances from those two, I was sitting in first in each of the contests with a double digit cushion. I had an idea on what I needed to avoid for the two remaining games, but stacks can always come out of nowhere. And tonight, any Eli-Beckham stack was killer. Beckham finished as the #1 WR and Eli was the #2 QB. All game, those stacks just kept creeping and creeping. All the way to the final Eli TD that brought stacks to within a point of me, but thankfully still behind.

For each of those tournaments, my lineup sits in first place at 216.72. That score would have won 3 of the first four weeks this season, but depending upon tomorrow night, scores may be a bit higher this week.

Antonio Gates down by 15
Vick + Bell down by 30

And the crazy part is that Woodhead lineup is actually one of the guys in our crew so we're talking about a potential equity split. I've got to take into account the upside potential of Woodhead, his expected point total being around 16-20, but the additional possibility that if Woodhead underperforms, that lineup finishes outside the top 10 while my floor is probably around 5th.

Well done, pulling for you tonight.

That's awesome. I'm currently in the money in the 5, 10, 12 & 25 games above, but nowhere near the top. I was excited about hovering around 80 in all of them after the 1pm games; dropped like a rock from there. I still have Bell going tonight so with a decent game from him I think I'll have a pretty good shot at doubling my money this week.

Antonio Gates down by 15
Vick + Bell down by 30

So what kind of payout are you looking at?

Back