• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wake golf

simosfrostyone

Reaction score
Zalatoris leads deacs to a title in Durham. Not a strong field, but a win is a win.

Zal is a stud.
18 years of my old teammate getting one great one every 4 years. got a 9th grader to verbal yet he's gonna let the best ninth grader living here in Winston-Salem that beats the other like a drum get away to another out of state school. im over following something ive been a part of most of my life when nothing will change.
this team won but again choked a 9 shot lead on the back nine and Zal saved them on 18.
sorry but i just pissed at where this program is and how they got there.

they won and i love it for the kids.
i guess wake athletics as a whole has just worn these old senical bones down.
sorry

They did sort of back into the trophy. It will be interesting to see how they do at Primland. After years of futility under JH, Olddeac has a right to be unhappy about how far the program has fallen.

They collapsed at Primland today. Two snowmen on the last few holes didn't help. But the freshman from Pa. played his butt off and finished 6th. Unfortunately, he played as an individual. Based on this tournament that should change pretty quickly.

Weather was awful today, again. Last few holes cost us 2nd, but probably weren't catching UNC for the win. Best finish by Paul McBride that I can think of so far for him.

UNC came from out of nowhere. Helps to have a guy like Carter Jenkins that can go crazy low.

No shame in finishing a spot behind Auburn. They are currently ranked just ahead of us in the polls.

Very strong performance so far at Pumpkin Ridge--leading after two rounds against a tough field.

Up by 6 with everyone playing the final 9.

Five up now. Maybe we can finish this one. We have a very young team (two freshman and two sophs) and they have been playing their asses off so far. Four in the top 15 right now. If they can close it might be a breakthrough..

Up four on the last 4 holes. We've played exceptionally well on the back nine. 4 of our golfers are 2 under on the back, and the other is 3 under.

Womble just birdied 18 to push the lead to 5. Just need Zalatoris and McBride to par in (we won't be counting Young's score today) and we've got this thing in the bag.

Zalatoris is a par machine. I like our chances.

McBride pars 18. Zalatoris has 3 holes left to finish this off.

Things are rough when you've got to rely on a USGA champion to bring it home.

Back