• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

Cavin can do absolutely no wrong in my eyes. He's been the best receiver in team history and one of the all time greats with an uber donk at QB. Pretty frustrated for him. Much like Miguel Cabrera not winning a WS for the Tigers. Once in a lifetime talent goes to die in Detroit.

#HOTTAKE

i'd be pissed if i was a lions fan seeing my 0-4 team smiling and hanging out and dapping all of their seahawks bros after that loss

Cavin can do absolutely no wrong in my eyes. He's been the best receiver in team history and one of the all time greats with an uber donk at QB. Pretty frustrated for him. Much like Miguel Cabrera not winning a WS for the Tigers. Once in a lifetime talent goes to die in Detroit.

Not the first time that's happened.

Not the first time that's happened.

and not the last

joey-harrington-lions.jpg

haha the refs fucked up

Oh man. That's insult to injury right there. KJ Wright should have been called for an illegal bat and the Lions should have gotten the ball half the distance from where it was last possessed.

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Philbin GONE

Yikes, so apparently that was an illegal bat according to Jerry Austin. Should of been first and goal from the 1 for DET.

NFL officiating is just so so bad now.

I had no idea that was a rule.

Last edited:

or Barry Sanders

Dean Blandino saying on NFL Network the refs fucked up.

SVP breaks it down. He also forgot to note that a punter batting the ball out is a scoring play, a safety for the other team, not a touchback. Completely different situation.

SVP breaks it down. He also forgot to note that a punter batting the ball out is a scoring play, a safety for the other team, not a touchback. Completely different situation.

Correct the team would rather have the 2 pts and decline the penalty instead of giving the ball back to the punting team.

Correct the team would rather have the 2 pts and decline the penalty instead of giving the ball back to the punting team.

If the rule was enforced on the punter, technically a punter could bat the ball to avoid giving up a safety and just give up a touchback.

So in other words, there's no reason to call it on a punter because there's no way the opposing team would benefit.

I'm glad that a controversial ending is shining light on the officiating. Something changed after the Fail Mary. Hopefully something will happen here.

Back