• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC Week Thread - 10/10/15 @ 3:00pm - RSN

Is everyone convinced that this game will be similar to last year where we played Clemson tough at home and then went on the road the next week to get blown out by NC State?

Or does anyone think this team is different and we give BC a ballgame?

Is everyone convinced that this game will be similar to last year where we played Clemson tough at home and then went on the road the next week to get blown out by NC State?

Or does anyone think this team is different and we give BC a ballgame?

This team is way different than last year. We'll be ready.

That's what I hoped to hear. I don't know how to measure if we're that much better or if Hinton is just giving us a better chance of winning because of the intangibles he brings to the table. I hope you're right, I really want to believe that we are improving.

I took a look at BC’s games against Duke, FSU and Northern Illinois to see how they are faring with big plays (for and against) and forcing turnovers. Those seem like the obvious keys to the game.

FORCING TURNOVERS
Boston College forced only one turnover in those 3 games (a 0.3 per game average). Obviously Wake hasn’t forced a turnover yet. Several people have already posted that turnover margin is going to be huge in this game.

BIG PLAYS (20+ YARDS)
On offense, Boston College had 9 big plays in those 3 games (a 3.0 per game average). Wake is doing better than that. Excluding Elon, Wake’s offense is averaging just over 4 big plays per game. But here is what is worrisome: Boston College’s defense has surrendered only 5 big plays in those 3 games (a 1.6 per game average).

I think Pilchard was dead on with his post earlier in this thread. This game is setting up to be decided by just a few plays – big plays and/or turnovers. If it is as close as I think it will be, one could envision penalties and special teams being factors as well.

Last edited:
Each year we seem to have at least One dud game. I have a feeling this game will be one in which nothing seems to go right for us. If it doesn't happen this week then we may see a repeat performance next week similar to the 2011 game at chapel Hell. Just saying, we are due at least one a year.

Each year we seem to have at least One dud game. I have a feeling this game will be one in which nothing seems to go right for us. If it doesn't happen this week then we may see a repeat performance next week similar to the 2011 game at chapel Hell. Just saying, we are due at least one a year.

Don't bring that terrible JuJu

What I hope happens is that last week showed this young team that they've got the ability to play good football and compete with most anybody and it's made them chomping at the bit to get back there and get a W. It's hard to know how a young team will react, but I think our team will be fired up for this one. We really let a great opportunity for a road ACC win slip away at Cuse and the last 2 weeks should have left a really sour taste in their mouths and our guys should really hungry. Taking care of the football will be huge against a really good BC defense.

If this game was at BB&T, I think we win; but we have played badly at BC the last two times-- not sure why. I like our kickers a lot, but not our coverage on kick offs and punts. This game will be close, but I agree with other posters-- TOs are the key to the game.

If this game was at BB&T, I think we win; but we have played badly at BC the last two times-- not sure why. I like our kickers a lot, but not our coverage on kick offs and punts. This game will be close, but I agree with other posters-- TOs are the key to the game.

We lost in 2009 (ugh), but won in 2011. In 2013, Lobo's brilliant option scheme (and brilliant decision not to test it in the prior game) happened.

guys on the other threads coming up with crazy modeling techniques like you go for two after scoring a touchdown late in the game rather than 1 and that Clawson should have gone for it rather than kicked the field goal.

I recommend coaches do what's best based on the players on the field and the way the game is going rather than any of that crazy statistical card counting stuff money management stuff.

Let's just keep calling the right plays for the situation both offensively and defensively and win this ball game.

Coaches have given us a chance to be in every game this year both offensively and defensively and guys are really playing hard for Hinton.

Correction: guys on the other threads coming up with crazy modeling techniques like if you're down 14 late in the game and score a touchdown you go for two than 1 and that Clawson should have gone for it rather than kicked the field goal to cut it to 11.

I recommend coaches do what's best based on the players on the field and the way the game is going rather than any of that crazy statistical card counting stuff money management stuff.

Let's just keep calling the right plays for the situation and win this ball game.

Coaches have given us a chance to be in every game this year both offensively and defensively and guys are really playing hard for Hinton.

long day, I'll try again.

Correction: guys on the other threads coming up with crazy modeling techniques like if you're down 14 late in the game and score a touchdown you go for two rather than 1 and that Clawson should have gone for it rather than kicked the field goal to cut it to 8 (they dispute that by assigning crazy percentages to make their argument look good and with the crazy percentages their numbers favor going for it over kicking the field goal by 4% to 2% - when someone presented the facts that our coaches method gave us the chance to tie it at the end they just dismiss that out of hand).

Let's just keep calling the right plays for the situation and win this ball game.

@CoachScheier: It's clear, this program is moving in the right direction. & based on this graphic, the WF Offense is doing the same http://t.co/RG09DJYo0t

I'm shocked by this. That's really impressive for this group.

Back