• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC Week Thread - 10/10/15 @ 3:00pm - RSN

As you can expect, they're taking some liberties with that stat, but it is definitely a sign the program is moving in the right direction.

Nationally, Wake is #14 in total first downs and #19 in first downs per game (#22 vs. FBS opponents). #29 in passing first downs vs. FBS opponents. The overall number is bolstered by 14 first downs from penalties (tied for 2nd). We're doing something to draw penalties at the right time.

Wake is #1 in all first down categories in the ACC.

In other stats, Wake is #108 in rushing offense, actually a major improvement from last season.
Wake is #35 in passing offense vs. FBS.

I think the first down stat is good but would love to see the breakdown of first 3 quarters vs final quarter. Not that it is a bad thing but it seems like we are getting a lot of first downs trying to come back from double digit deficits in the 4th when teams are playing soft coverage. FSU game did seem like the first time we had consistent offense throughout.

Not like it matters at this point but wasn't he a pretty low ranked recruit?

Doesn't really matter now if he was a low ranked recruit.
He became our starting center in the pre season, so he was the best we had.
His return should definitely help our Oline by adding more depth, if nothing else.
BC always has big, tough D-lines, so his return is coming at a good time.

His return should definitely help our Oline by adding more depth, if nothing else.

Yeah, guys like Nikita Whitlock, Arron Curry, Riley Skinner, etc, etc were pretty low ranked I think too.

I posted on another thread that Clawson said last night that Anderson came out of one of the camps (I didn't catch whether it was spring practice or summer camp) as one of the top 3 OLs in the program.

Yeah, guys like Nikita Whitlock, Arron Curry, Riley Skinner, etc, etc were pretty low ranked I think too.

I wasn't trying to say "OMG Anderson was so low ranked, can't believe he is a top 3 lineman on this team." I asked the question in a positive manner to brag about Clawson for identifying talent. As I said it doesn't matter at this point other than to add to Clawsons ability to identify talent.

I wasn't trying to say "OMG Anderson was so low ranked, can't believe he is a top 3 lineman on this team." I asked the question in a positive manner to brag about Clawson for identifying talent. As I said it doesn't matter at this point other than to add to Clawsons ability to identify talent.

He was a Grobe recruit. So even that doesn't matter.

Actually, Harris and Hayworth have both played relatively well so far. So that would make 3.

So.........to sum up the above conversation about our Oline:

They played really well last week against FSU, maybe the best in several years. They've showed much improvement already this year, and they haven't been at full strength with Anderson being out.
I know they've worked hard during the past year and I think they may be turning the corner where we see our Oline as a strength (or neutral at worst) instead of a weakness.
Mentally and physically, this group is getting there. Not there yet, but definitely getting there.

So.........to sum up the above conversation about our Oline:

They played really well last week against FSU, maybe the best in several years. They've showed much improvement already this year, and they haven't been at full strength with Anderson being out.
I know they've worked hard during the past year and I think they may be turning the corner where we see our Oline as a strength (or neutral at worst) instead of a weakness.
Mentally and physically, this group is getting there. Not there yet, but definitely getting there.

I'd say pretty much. Honestly when you consider where the O-line was at last year, we lost Helms to transfer, we're playing freshman at the tackle positions, and the projected starting center was suspended the first 5 games, the improvement we've seen is about as much as we could hope for. Last Saturday was the first time in a long while I didn't feel like the O-line was a liability and considering the opponent was FSU, makes that even more encouraging.

Each year we seem to have at least One dud game. I have a feeling this game will be one in which nothing seems to go right for us. If it doesn't happen this week then we may see a repeat performance next week similar to the 2011 game at chapel Hell. Just saying, we are due at least one a year.

You could make the argument that we've already had our "dud" game vs. Army. Could even throw our 2nd half performance against Cuse' in there as well. I think we get the ball rolling this weekend, we have winnable games remaining on our schedule and it starts with this one. Let's go get one....Go Deacs!

Since we out gained FSU we will put more than 14 points on the board. If we score 17-21 I think we win. #logic

First one to 17 wins this game. I can't see us putting up 3 TDs, unless one is a special teams or defensive td.

You could make the argument that we've already had our "dud" game vs. Army. Could even throw our 2nd half performance against Cuse' in there as well. I think we get the ball rolling this weekend, we have winnable games remaining on our schedule and it starts with this one. Let's go get one....Go Deacs!

I don't know if you can call Army a dud game. We lost Wolford, had a true freshman QB take his place, the defense played really good and we found a way to win. Army only lost to Penn State Saturday 20-14 and had the ball late with a chance to take the lead. I know Penn State isn't great this year, but still Army's probably not quite as bad as we thought. Now, the 2nd half against Cuse was certainly a dud.

Back