• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC Week Thread - 10/10/15 @ 3:00pm - RSN

You could make the argument that we've already had our "dud" game vs. Army. Could even throw our 2nd half performance against Cuse' in there as well. I think we get the ball rolling this weekend, we have winnable games remaining on our schedule and it starts with this one. Let's go get one....Go Deacs!

+1
I like the thought that we've already had a our duds.

Onward and upward.......

I think the first down stat is good but would love to see the breakdown of first 3 quarters vs final quarter. Not that it is a bad thing but it seems like we are getting a lot of first downs trying to come back from double digit deficits in the 4th when teams are playing soft coverage. FSU game did seem like the first time we had consistent offense throughout.

I had a different impression - that we moved the ball pretty well from the beginning of the game. I didn't go so far as to do the breakdown you requested but I took a look at the drive chart for the FSU game and saw that we had a 7 play and a 12 play drive in the first quarter and a 7 play and 14 play drive in the 4th quarter. I think there were a couple of long drives in the 2nd and 3 quarter as well.

Bump...........

What's up guys?
Game is tomorrow and it's been over 24 hours since anyone has posted any news, thoughts or predictions.

Prediction - Deacs by 3

Just hope this isn't a let down game since we played so will last week.

Gonna be really looking for Duke and see if he can help with the pressure on BCs QBs

Betting line is dropping FWIW....

Aside from rooting for Wake, this is an interesting match-up. BC's D to date has been excellent - ours has been good. BC's O has been racked with injuries and very weak - ours has been better albeit with QB#2. Wake has apparent clear edge in the kicking game. Does this remind anyone else of last year's Vtech-Deacs game ?

Methinks the outcome is in the hands/legs of Messers Weaver and Kinal.

Both teams will score one offensive TD. It will come down to FGs made and defensive scores. Wake wins 16-13.

Both teams will score one offensive TD. It will come down to FGs made and defensive scores. Wake wins 16-13.

Can our defense score, though? We don't have a single take away this year.

No. That's why I said we win 16-13.

There is an interesting article in the Boston Globe about Bobby Wolford, John's older brother, who plays fb for BC. I had forgotten that John had a brother playing for BC.

It won't allow me to post that link.

Yeah. I imagine John was under strict orders not to say anything whether he was playing or not.

Haha. "You better worry about your own QBs, Bobby."

no, yes, no. I see very vanilla playcalling from both staffs. It will be a game of which team will screw up first. I see an abundance of punting and a game that could rival the vt game last year. It is gonna be UGLY. Just as long we get the win like we did vs VT. I don't care if we win 3-2 :cool:

Back