• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

A strong ACC means more stability, tv money, and bowl money for Wake Forest. The higher the level competition also helps in recruiting talent to all of the schools in the conference including Wake.

It's certainly rational, but to hell with them all.

Miami will suck until they improve their facilities and build a new stadium back near campus. Does not matter who their coach is.

Probably. Nevertheless, they gotta have a coach who will make sure that all of the players' firearms are legal and registered. That's basic at "da U."

Miami will suck until they improve their facilities and build a new stadium back near campus. Does not matter who their coach is.

Those things need to be done and would make things easier and more sustainable but the right coach with right system can win there now. The program still attracts loads of talent.

Also, the relevancy provided by the ACC is good. I went to Wake for big-time (now, P-5) athletics.

I occasionally pray we don't get kicked out.

Exactly. A big part of the reason why I applied to Wake and not to some of our comparably ranked peers (i.e., Tufts, Carnegie Mellon, NYU, etc.) was the athletics. If we are competing at the highest level and against the best teams, then that will have spillover effects into admissions as well. I think that you can make the case that the hoops program is one of the reasons Wake made the jump from a regional university to a national one, attracting more and more students from across the country.

Last edited:
The tearing down of the Orange Bowl really hurt Miami's program. Watching their home games at whatever they are calling Joe Robbie now is pretty sad. Not much energy there.

Those things need to be done and would make things easier and more sustainable but the right coach with right system can win there now. The program still attracts loads of talent.

This. They just need to hire a good coach. That roster remains stacked.

Shared TV and bowl revenue. The better the pool of teams is in the conference, the more money there is to pass around.

You're really going to only get significantly more money if you get three teams into the New Year's Six Bowls. Granted we only have one year of data, but it looks like each conference is going to have two teams in the big bowl games, then maybe an extra third if the conference has a really strong year (or one in really weak years)

Most of the ACC's bowl contracts will be up for renewal in four years. The better ACC teams perform the better those new contracts will be.

Most of the ACC's bowl contracts will be up for renewal in four years. The better ACC teams perform the better those new contracts will be.

Even if the bowl payouts (minus any of the big six bowls) double, which is extremely aggressive, that's less than a million extra bucks per school.

I'd love to see Petrino run out on L'ville for the U.

I'd love to see Petrino run out on L'ville for the U.

That would be nice. Louisville probably has more going for it at the moment, but not having to deal with FSU and Clemson every year might be attractive.

That would be nice. Louisville probably has more going for it at the moment, but not having to deal with FSU and Clemson every year might be attractive.

I think you mean just Clemson....they play FSU every year, though they wouldn't be competing for the division crown with them.

While they should be wary, I think that Miami would sell its soul to bring the program back to what it was when Davis left. Plus, having been out of the game for five years now, he would probably command less pay than a hot name that's currently coaching. If Louisville can look past Petrino's antics, then Miami can certainly rationalize bringing Davis back.

Any chance Chip Kelly decides he looked a lot smarter in college when he could be at a place where he got superior athletes compared to most of his competition and that made him look like a genius? He might could do that at Miami.

Back