• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Were we competing for any of Miami's recruits ( I doubt it)? One has already decommitted.

And some other ones bite the dust.

Tough weekend for the state of Florida
2 coaches gone and FSU debuts their new 'Block 6' play

Hopefully, Miami makes a great hire that restores them to their status of being a Top 10 team. A strong Miami is much better for Wake and the ACC.

Hopefully, Miami makes a great hire that restores them to their status of being a Top 10 team. A strong Miami is much better for Wake and the ACC.

Never have really figured this argument out. Duke and UNC have won natty titles in hoops, FSU has won natty titles in football during their time in the ACC, yet we still suck. In fact, when we had our best run in football, FSU nor Miami were really national powers at the time ( in name only), so how does UNC and Duke being so strong in hoops and team like FSU and Miami being so strong in football really help us?

I've been seeing a lot of talk about Schiano being a top target to replace Golden. He recruited Florida very well when he was at Rutgers, so it would be interesting to see what he could on the recruiting trail if he is recruiting all of that talent to stay home.

Never have really figured this argument out. Duke and UNC have won natty titles in hoops, FSU has won natty titles in football during their time in the ACC, yet we still suck. In fact, when we had our best run in football, FSU nor Miami were really national powers at the time ( in name only), so how does UNC and Duke being so strong in hoops and team like FSU and Miami being so strong in football really help us?

Unlike anyone else you just named Miami is a team we rarely play in football. If they become dominant in the Coastal it hurts the schools we actually compete with much more than it hurts Wake to lose them once every three years or so.

i just want miami to be great again so i can ramp the hate back up. i loooooved hating those awesome teams back in the day.

Shared TV and bowl revenue. The better the pool of teams is in the conference, the more money there is to pass around.

Also, despite how bad our hoops program was/is, the games against Duke and UNC still have a strong chance of being nationally televised, leading to more exposure.

From a Wake perspective, Miami and Pitt running roughshod over the Coastal is the ideal situation for Wake as we rarely ever play them and they are far enough removed from our normal recruiting grounds that their success wouldn't hurt us much there either.

Not saying your guys aren't right, but in my perfect world UNC, Duke and Miami would suck at everything.

To hell with everyone but Wake. I didn't go to ACC University.

A strong ACC means more stability, tv money, and bowl money for Wake Forest. The higher the level competition also helps in recruiting talent to all of the schools in the conference including Wake.

Miami will suck until they improve their facilities and build a new stadium back near campus. Does not matter who their coach is.

A strong ACC means more stability, tv money, and bowl money for Wake Forest. The higher the level competition also helps in recruiting talent to all of the schools in the conference including Wake.

Also, the relevancy provided by the ACC is good. I went to Wake for big-time (now, P-5) athletics.

I occasionally pray we don't get kicked out.

Back