• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

A bar at the corner of my block is opening today and I know one of the owners/bartenders but I didn't know that either another owner or one of the bartenders is former journeyman Casper Wells

The HOF is stupid, its just a collection of dudes that are well liked by a collection of dudes no one likes.

Former Cardinals scouting director to be indicted for hacking the Astros today

Correa was fired by the Cardinals in July following an “imposed leave of absence” which coincided with it being revealed that Cardinals employees were involved in the hacking. GM John Mozeliak, other top brass and Cardinals ownership have all denied involvement. Given that Correa will likely be packaging a guilty plea simultaneously with his indictment, one has to assume that he has cooperated with federal authorities and, perhaps, has given up others as being involved in the crime. It’s also possible, of course, that he’s the only significant Cardinals official involved and that he’s pleading guilty because he’s been caught dead-to-rights. We’ll soon find out.

:popcorn:

Reading through what Correa did, its crazy - he logged into peoples email accounts to get new passwords and then checked their draft boards during draft day and logged in and checked their trade notes at the trade deadline - and also viewed all their scouting reports on all the Cards minor league players.

Here's the document

This is like Diggler logging into RJ's account - guessed a password, then got drunk with power.

Ah, Cardinals, you big cheaters.

It's a shame he pled guilty. All the details that would have come out at trial would have been so, so great.

Big fan of the Effectively Wild podcast's punishment idea: all Cardinal player are required to wear jeans during games next season.

Springer/Correa for Stanton is actually probably not the worst deal, I mean its giving up more on the Astros side, but this was 2014 and Correa was still a year+ away and Springer was playing OK in 2014 - I'm shocked the Marlins didnt find a taker.

Nats trade Drew Storen to the Blue Jays for Ben Revere, reuniting former teammates.

8511632.jpg

Spring training tickets are starting to go on sale. Got the Dodgers/Cubs on the 8th. Trying to hit a few different stadiums while we're out there & all our potential games involve the Dodgers. Dodgers/Giants on Sunday, Indians/Dodgers on Monday, Dodgers/Cubs & Reds/Giants on Tuesday, and Dodgers/Angels on Wednesday.

I love this scandal so goddamn much.

Everyone involved looks bad to an extent. The Astros' sins are routine HR failures, though. Not federal crimes.

(And, now that the facts are out, it seems like this whole ordeal started with a routine HR failure on the Cardinals' side. Correa obtained an old version of Luhnow's password when Luhnow turned in his laptop and information upon departure. If that was their policy, that... seems like a less than ideal policy for exiting employees.)

Also, I'm pretty sure the Astros baseball ops staff in Minute Maid Park is only about 15-20 employees large. They probably had one chump IT person who's been shitting bricks through this whole ordeal. Poor guy/lady.

The door wasn't unlocked, the Cards took a key supposedly in good faith, made a copy, then used that key to get in. The Cardinals not only broke the law, they cheated.

I seriously just giggled.

This must be a big headache for Manfred.

Edit: From Facebook (image on BestFansStLouis)

Which team got really good all of a sudden? ...hmmm?

I don't know why that one hit me so hard, but I can't stop laughing.

Last edited:
Nats trade Drew Storen to the Blue Jays for Ben Revere, reuniting former teammates.

8511632.jpg

Revere seems like a solid fit for the Nationals. He can run, hit for average/lead-off and his flaws - no power, noodle arm - don't hurt them significantly.

The door wasn't unlocked, the Cards took a key supposedly in good faith, made a copy, then used that key to get in. The Cardinals not only broke the law, they cheated.

I seriously just giggled.

This must be a big headache for Manfred.

Edit: From Facebook (image on BestFansStLouis)

I don't know why that one hit me so hard, but I can't stop laughing.

The interesting question now: was Correa the person who dumped all the trade notes onto the AnonBin site, which led to Deadspin picking it up? Or was that someone else?

If it was Correa, it's weird that that hasn't come out yet. Because he pleaded guilty, the government only had to allege a minimal version of the "facts" in the indictment (I think it's actually called an 'information' at this point, but whatever). So maybe that's the issue. I know there would be civil liability for leaking stuff like that, apart from the initial hack, but I'm not sure about the criminal consequences. That could also explain it.

Still, IIRC, the FBI had traced at least some of the hacks to the a house that Cardinals' staff had rented for Spring Training. We'll probably never know, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that Correa didn't show this stuff to at least one other person before it mysteriously ended up on the internet.

Dodgers sign Yasiel Sierra out of Cuba. Though he'll be a bullpen arm in '16, the Dodgers now have like 10 SP on their roster.

Mailbag: Brandon McCarthy

If you could go back in time and take back one pitch you threw, which would it be and why? – Sal

Probably the one that was hit back at my head and required lifesaving brain surgery. If you still need to know why, please reread the previous sentence.

Back