• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Chen gets an odd deal with the Marlins - 5/$80 with a two year opt-out, but it is back loaded, so the first two years are only 2/$20 - seems like a crazy good deal for the marlins. But why?

Also, the Rockies sign Parra to a 3/$27.5 to play as a 4th OF, I guess? Would assume someone gets traded - probably Blackmon, but he isn't going to be cheap - not sure who wants CarGos contract, and Dickerson is going nowhere with his pay situation. Again, why?

Fowler, Upton, Yo-anus still out there - some one is going to get a good deal with these guys at some point if they stay out there much longer.

Also, the Cubs and Rays are still talking about a hitters for pitchers swap with the Cubs interested in Cobb or Odorizzi - apparently the hold up is that the Cubs are trying to not give up Soler or Baez.

Rams going to LA confirms St. Louis is one of the worst sport's towns in the country.

OMG

slp2016011101.jpeg

Why can't the cardinals invest in Americans…….. Or at least the Western Hemisphere….I don't think the South Korean Cardinal fans are paying his salary….,,, every year it is becoming harder anc harder to stay Redbirds fan…… But I'll give it another year….
(Ten likes for that one.)

He don't look that happy about being on the best team in the MLB

Hmmmmmm …… An immigrant??? Works for me providing he gets the job done!

We have plenty of good relievers here in the U.S.A.! Why bring those idiots here?

Stay with American players. There are plenty of talent from our colleges to choose from.

what we have no Americans to choose from?

All the talent in the USA and a team brings in this Sorry but I don't agree with. I've lost respect for the Cardinals

hope he pays taxes & speaks English

Supposedly the O's have made an offer to Cespedes thats 5 years and $75-$90 - the thought is that this makes davis sign, and if he continues to wait, the Os just take cespedes and don't give up a draft pick.

If they can get him for 5/$75, thats a steal - regardless of his golf habit.

Supposedly the O's have made an offer to Cespedes thats 5 years and $75-$90 - the thought is that this makes davis sign, and if he continues to wait, the Os just take cespedes and don't give up a draft pick.

If they can get him for 5/$75, thats a steal - regardless of his golf habit.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they end the off-season with Cespedes/Alvarez/Latos. I don't think they can afford Cespedes/Gallardo/Alvarez, but I would be okay with too. Keeping the #14 pick would be nice.

it kinda looks like my family baseball trip this year will be tampa bay over the 4th of july weekend

tell me this isn't gonna suck

Not gonna suck. The Dali Museum and Cigar City alone make it a good trip. Trop is pretty bad though

Yeah, I'm really hoping they end the off-season with Cespedes/Alvarez/Latos. I don't think they can afford Cespedes/Gallardo/Alvarez, but I would be okay with too. Keeping the #14 pick would be nice.

People think Gallardo may end up going for less than expected - Cubs have been said to be interested in him if it continues to go down and they can get him on a 2 year deal. I would prefer not to - I know Hammel wore down at the end of last year, but Gallardo is not the same pitcher he was 5 years ago, and he is not significantly better (if at all better) than what the Cubs have now in the 4/5 spot.

Also, I don't like Alvarez at all - hes got some pop, but there are better and cheaper options out there. Latos is a solid reclamation - he still has the stuff, just needs to be in the right place on the right team. Kinda shocked the Pirates havent signed him yet.

Alvarez needs to be in the AL. And he will give the O's the LHH option they need if Davis is gone.

Not gonna suck. The Dali Museum and Cigar City alone make it a good trip. Trop is pretty bad though

Make sure to go to Ybor City so the scientologists can assault your mind. After you get through that, go to Columbia and have the best paella you've ever tasted.

You should probably go to a Tampa Yankees game too - its actually a really nice minor league stadium right across from the Bucs place.

Some fellas on the twitter are now saying Cespedes is weighing potentially taking a 1 year deal with the Mets to hit free agency next year instead of the 5 year deal with the Os.

Crazy.

Some fellas on the twitter are now saying Cespedes is weighing potentially taking a 1 year deal with the Mets to hit free agency next year instead of the 5 year deal with the Os.

Crazy.

Doubt he takes the Mets deal (also unclear if it exists). Makes no sense since he would be saddled with a QO and be one year older.

Biggest threat is another team swooping in with a long term deal, but that seems a bit unlikely. Would be a great deal for the O's. We'll see.

Chris Davis back to baltimore on 7 years / $161. No opt out. Surprised he got that much from the O's after that debacle.

Ian Kennedy gets a five year / $70 million deal from the Royals, with an opt-out after two years. Scott Boras is having himself a day.

Back