• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Man, I wish I could hit a baseball.

Wow, shocked to see that contract for Upton, but now it makes sense why the Os upped their bid to Davis.

Cespedes still out there for the Angels or White Sox, I guess.

that's awesome

if i'm ausmus i go

Kinsler
Upton
Cabrera
VMart
JD Mart
Castellanos
Maybin
McCann
Iglesias

or

Iglesias
Kinsler
Cabrera
VMart
JD Mart
Upton
Casty
Maybin
McCann

all righties and a switch, but pretty fucking good lineup

Better have some pinch hitting options for Hoch, Herrerra, Davis.

oh man, if the royals cried poor, didn't sign Gordon and then went and made that Kennedy deal...

Would like to see the Cubs trade Soler+ to the Rays for Odorizzi and then re-sign Fowler to play CF and push JHey to right - probably get Fowler for a much better deal than expected before, maybe 3/$40. Fowler/JHey/Rizzo/KBoom/Schwarber/Zo/Montero/Russell - would take it. Throw in Cogs and Baez in the super sub role, Cogs can play COF/2B/1B, Baez can play 2B/SS/CF - frees up to be able to carry 13 pitchers or even 14 at certain times, cause Madden loves him some bullpen.

Waiting to hear about which year is the opt out year before I freak

Even if he didn't have the opt out, I don't think it's a bad deal. He's 28 & will be for most of the season. It'll take him to 34. The last year or two may not be good, but you should get a solid 4+ years out of him. He's a 3-4 win player.

Last edited:
Wow, shocked to see that contract for Upton, but now it makes sense why the Os upped their bid to Davis.

Cespedes still out there for the Angels or White Sox, I guess.

I don't think the Angels want to go over the luxury tax, IIRC. Maybe Cespedes goes for a Cruz/O's type of deal for a year with the Mets?

I don't think the Angels want to go over the luxury tax, IIRC. Maybe Cespedes goes for a Cruz/O's type of deal for a year with the Mets?

His agent has said no way does he go below 3 years, and if he does, the Mets, White Sox and Astros are in play. The Angels need him, though.

the dodgers are like two players away from re-creating the 2008 phillies

sloppy joe blanton just signed!

I'm sure the Phillies would send them Ryan Howard. For a 27th round draft pick, and a bag of used baseballs.

Joe Maddon is awesome.

When Javier Baez walked into Joe Maddon's office before his reintroduction to the big leagues in 2015, the Cubs manager had some simple advice for the young player:

"Try not to suck."

I don't know how I feel about this - I get the benefits, but I like watching Jake Arrieta hit with no batting gloves

NL getting DH would be awesome.
poap30qbcw.jpg

I'll be bummed, but I've accepted that the DH is coming to the NL eventually. Pitchers are fragile as is, might as well take them off the basepaths. Plus no pitcher will ever be more entertaining at bat than Bartolo Colon.

Sources: After missing out on Upton, Nationals pursuing Yoenis Cespedes

The Nats bid a reported $200 million for Jason Heyward earlier in the offseason before the outfielder signed an eight-year, $184 million deal with the Cubs.

More recently, they made a late run at Justin Upton, offering him a shorter term than he received in his six-year, $132.75 million contract with the Tigers, sources said.

Poor Nats, no one wants their deferred millions.

Come on, Nats! Do it!

Do not want Cespedes. He is 30. He had two mediocre years before blowing up in his contract year. The Nats already have a ton of right handed hitters that don't get on base a lot and strikeout too much. Fear that the owners are seduced by the fact that Cespedes killed them late last year, but he is erratic offensively and defensively. Also, don't think he will age well. Not worth $25 million a year for the next 5-6 years.

Back