• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

I've been asking for years. What does our OL do well? Build our offense around that.

Defend like the French Army? Hold water like a sieve? Get beaten like a drum?

We need OL that can line up, smack the s.o.b. opposite him when the ball is snapped, drive the guy into the turf 10 yards down the field, then line up again and repeat on the next play. If we can't do that with any consistency, the only alternative is to play a gimmick offense with about 8 WRs or 4 QBs in every formation and try to chuck the ball around the field multiple times each play.

Defend like the French Army? Hold water like a sieve? Get beaten like a drum?

We need OL that can line up, smack the s.o.b. opposite him when the ball is snapped, drive the guy into the turf 10 yards down the field, then line up again and repeat on the next play. If we can't do that with any consistency, the only alternative is to play a gimmick offense with about 8 WRs or 4 QBs in every formation and try to chuck the ball around the field multiple times each play.

Ah, the old Deacon Air Show!

Wake will go 6-6 in football this year with a bowl trip to boot. Coach Dave is turning us back around. No one said it would be easy but I thank god every night we have Dave.

Were there any surprise graduations or non-graduations from the football team this week?

Did all those who were expected to graduate actually do so?

Were there any surprise graduations or non-graduations from the football team this week?

Did all those who were expected to graduate actually do so?

Jared Crump (Communications), Tylor Harris (Sociology), Steve Donatell (Communications), Ryan Janvion (Business), Ty Hayworth (Communications), Joel Suggs (Computer Science), James Ward (Theatre) and Jonathan Williams (Communications) all received their degrees today.

Crump, Janvion and Hayworth are all expected back for a fifth/post-grad year. Josh Banks is also expected back. So is Shelldon Lewinson who, as noted briefly in this thread several weeks back, was honored during our last home game but agreed to slip into the scholarship of departing freshman Khalil Welsh. I'd think Lewinson will see meaningful snaps this season as part of Wake's DT rotation.

Jared Crump (Communications), Tylor Harris (Sociology), Steve Donatell (Communications), Ryan Janvion (Business), Ty Hayworth (Communications), Joel Suggs (Computer Science), James Ward (Theatre) and Jonathan Williams (Communications) all received their degrees today.

Crump, Janvion and Hayworth are all expected back for a fifth/post-grad year. Josh Banks is also expected back. So is Shelldon Lewinson who, as noted briefly in this thread several weeks back, was honored during our last home game but agreed to slip into the scholarship of departing freshman Khalil Welsh. I'd think Lewinson will see meaningful snaps this season as part of Wake's DT rotation.

I was following the livestream of Commencement. Jared Crump got a selfie with Hatch as he walked across the stage & shook his hand.

Hard to argue with the rankings. Until we win that is the perception.

Yeah. I'm guessing two years ago, Clawson got the benefit of the doubt the new coaches are getting this year. Hell, he still got plenty of benefit of the doubt in that DFL writeup.

6:30pm kickoff for first Saturday home game - nice!

TOa8Cfv.gif

Athlon is still around? Weren't they the one that had some goony white center from George Washington ranked ahead of Tim Duncan in their preseason centers rankings one year? Like Duncan's junior or senior year?

Alexander Koul (as the other side of the pillow)

Fellas. I decided to take down the 40 times. After posting it, I started feeling a little weird about it bc I probably wasn't supposed to get that info in the first place...

Last edited:
Back