• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I just laid out a possibilty. Not being negative or puttin out bad vibes.

I have no inside information, but think Devoe comes to Wake. Why would in announce in the middle of another recruit's visit who plays the same position and Gatech has said they only want one of them. I think the kid jumps on the Wake Bandwagon.

You know GT and Fla are telling him that Crawford will likely play 4 years and Chill will start if Crawford leaves early.

All the Illinois insiders pretty much think Ayo is a lock to go there. All the crystal balls are to Illinois and they are his last visit. Its gonna be tough to get Ayo. I thought we had a better chance at gettin Devoe.

No info other than what is publicly available but I’ve never felt the Ayo vibes. Has always seemed like a long shot but I look forward to being wrong and seeing buckets get his green on.

You know GT and Fla are telling him that Crawford will likely play 4 years and Chill will start if Crawford leaves early.
Yeah, I think Chill having 2 years of eligibility left when these dudes arrive and being a coach's son has been ammo for negative recruiting, unfortunately.

Ayo is coming to Wake

Illinois is whack and the big ten sucks

A lot of people are surprised ( especially including me) that he will pick GT as he had a very good visit here and got along great with the current players from everything I had heard. Somebody or something may have soured him on Wake after the visit or else he just saw more playing time at Tech? Seems almost a certainty we will not get him, so on to AYO (don't really feel the vibes on him for us) or whoever else we may target, perhaps we will just hold the ship for 2019. I have confidence in the recruiting ability of the staff so the future is bright IMO

This board never ceases to amaze me in its ability to jump to negative conclusions at the first sign of trouble. Y'all are writing off Devoe because GT's version of KVegas has #sauces and some dude we shit on half the time just changed his crystal ball.

The college recruiting prognostication game is too full of bullshit to base any conclusions off of it. Just chill out and wait til Saturday

Yeah, I think Chill having 2 years of eligibility left when these dudes arrive and being a coach's son has been ammo for negative recruiting, unfortunately.

This take, even after 10+ years of reading it, never gets less stupid. I love chill and I think he will turn into a solid backup for us, but if a top 100 recruit is scared off by the prospect of competing against a 3 star a couple years ahead of him then we probably don't want that player anyway.

This board never ceases to amaze me in its ability to jump to negative conclusions at the first sign of trouble. Y'all are writing off Devoe because GT's version of KVegas has #sauces and some dude we shit on half the time just changed his crystal ball.

The college recruiting prognostication game is too full of bullshit to base any conclusions off of it. Just chill out and wait til Saturday

My comment was not related to Meyer or Daniels predictions but came from a trusted contact and I do I understand and agree generally with your point about the uncertainty of recruiting. Making bets is not my thing but I feel very confident about this particular info, you of course have the right to totally ignore my comment as does everyone else and I promise it won't hurt my feelings. :eek:

RChildress107; said:

When Evan opines it’s much different than anyone else.

Do any of you who think it is GaTech have any explanation of the fact that Devoe is their second choice and their first choice is on campus this week-end?

Back