• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I think you might be underestimating Crawford a bit. He has an NBA body, can score in multiple ways, good handles, good vision, etc.

He will be projected mid-2nd round at the latest. I anticipate him leaving this year unless he sees a chance for us to make a deep run in 2018 and wants to be a part of it.

I doubt he would leave to be anything other than a 1st Round pick.

I doubt he would leave to be anything other than a 1st Round pick.

I guess he'd have to look at other PG's going to the league over the next couple of seasons to gauge if an extra year would make a difference in his stock.

I think you might be underestimating Crawford a bit. He has an NBA body, can score in multiple ways, good handles, good vision, etc.

He will be projected mid-2nd round at the latest. I anticipate him leaving this year unless he sees a chance for us to make a deep run in 2018 and wants to be a part of it.

He's 78 on nbadraft.net's big board, FWIW.

I don't think his path to the late first round is one of merely production. He's going to put up big numbers this year just based on the nature of our offense. He gets there by fixing his weaknesses (shot selection, mechanics, decision making, etc.). TV exposure and a good showing against other lead guards will help as well.

I think a good argument for him staying for his senior year is that he will have the weapons to showcase his playmaking and game management skills and hopefully the deep tourney run needed for exposure

He's 78 on nbadraft.net's big board, FWIW.

I don't think his path to the late first round is one of merely production. He's going to put up big numbers this year just based on the nature of our offense. He gets there by fixing his weaknesses (shot selection, mechanics, decision making, etc.). TV exposure and a good showing against other lead guards will help as well.

I think a good argument for him staying for his senior year is that he will have the weapons to showcase his playmaking and game management skills and hopefully the deep tourney run needed for exposure

Didn't realize he was 78...Figured he was closer to the 50-60 range. Agreed that he seems like the kind of guy who would want to stick around and play with the best players since he's been at Wake.

There's also Jaime Lewis as well, who WF has contacted since his decommitment. He plans to commit in the Spring.

Lewis would be a big step down from who you guys are currently in the mix with. The Lewis decommitment was more a mutual parting of ways. Lewis recruitment was weird all around for NCSU, i'm honestly surprised we took his commitment given the trajectory he's been on. And it seems like it impacted the way Dotson looked at NCSU since he cut us 2 days later (we don't really have a real shot here IMO). NCSU insiders disagree but I think that seems more like a misstep than a coincidence. Sounds like you guys will not have to worry about it though, shaping up to be a great recruiting class for WF.

Basketball players can make a lot of money playing pro ball without ever making the NBA, and thats why im not surprised when fringe draft prospects leave early. If they dont like school, or they really need the money now, it makes sense

After Crawford becomes the first ACC PG to be top three in assists and average 20 a game since Jason Williams, he'll definitely be a first round pick.

HUH?

Does he make a spectacular TO once in a while? Yes, but he's a guy who controls the ball in a very high tempo offense and averages only 2.3 TOs/game. It would be nice to get it to 1.8, but A/TO ratio is one of the best in the best conference.

Shot Mechanics? He shoots 82.6% from the FT line. His 3 pt shooting could improve, but isn't bad if you get rid of the end of clock shots he was forced to take.

One thing Coach Chill needs to work with Bryant on playing to contact on drives rather than away from it. He's a very good FT shooter. When Bryant takes it to the rack. he often plays to the side or away from the big. He should attack the body of bigs. He'll get to the FT line more.
'

After Crawford becomes the first ACC PG to be top three in assists and average 20 a game since Jason Williams, he'll definitely be a first round pick.

HUH?

Does he make a spectacular TO once in a while? Yes, but he's a guy who controls the ball in a very high tempo offense and averages only 2.3 TOs/game. It would be nice to get it to 1.8, but A/TO ratio is one of the best in the best conference.

Shot Mechanics? He shoots 82.6% from the FT line. His 3 pt shooting could improve, but isn't bad if you get rid of the end of clock shots he was forced to take.

One thing Coach Chill needs to work with Bryant on playing to contact on drives rather than away from it. He's a very good FT shooter. When Bryant takes it to the rack. he often plays to the side or away from the big. He should attack the body of bigs. He'll get to the FT line more.
'

like clockwork

What's like clockwork is RSF's laziness. Juice and I were typing at the same time. I was responding to RChill not Juice...but it would have taken RSF at least three seconds to be aware of this.

Probably all based off the Daniels (and perhaps Meyers) prediction(s), but the Crystal Balls are rolling in for GT now.

When Bryant takes it to the rack. he often plays to the side or away from the big. He should attack the body of bigs. He'll get to the FT line more.
'

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...d/2/stat/free-throws/sort/freeThrowsAttempted

I think we'll see more this year since the offense will depend on him more. If you look at the free throws attempted from last year, Crawford was 8th in the conference with all the guys ahead of him (JC included) being guys whose offense relied heavily on them. I think we see that jump into the 200 FTA range for Crawford this year. Woods and Chill are the guys I want to see get to the line more. Woods shies away from contact a lot, but has a pull up jumper to justify it. Chill just gets a little out of control, but I expect that to be resolved with experience.

Last edited:
Just can't figure out why Devoe would choose GT over Wake? Two programs headed in different directions.

I really think he could get 2.5-4.5 more FTs/game by playing to contact.

I really hope the refs lighten up this year with the touch fouls, but if they're not going to, then I'm glad Manning is recruiting a team of slashers to take advantage.

Back