• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I've always felt like if you really are the man, then you will be the man anywhere. Being the man is a mindset, not the product of an environment.

BINGO!!!

The one logical explanation for choosing GT over Wake at this time is that Devoe expects Bryant to return. This would leave him play 10-15mpg as a frosh.

What's like clockwork is RSF's laziness. Juice and I were typing at the same time. I was responding to RChill not Juice...but it would have taken RSF at least three seconds to be aware of this.

that was the joke, homie

I am aware that it did not take you a single minute to write three typo-free paragraphs

A lot of people are surprised ( especially including me) that he will pick GT as he had a very good visit here and got along great with the current players from everything I had heard. Somebody or something may have soured him on Wake after the visit or else he just saw more playing time at Tech? Seems almost a certainty we will not get him, so on to AYO (don't really feel the vibes on him for us) or whoever else we may target, perhaps we will just hold the ship for 2019. I have confidence in the recruiting ability of the staff so the future is bright IMO

Unimpressed with the student turnout for the football game? :couch:

HUH?

Does he make a spectacular TO once in a while? Yes, but he's a guy who controls the ball in a very high tempo offense and averages only 2.3 TOs/game. It would be nice to get it to 1.8, but A/TO ratio is one of the best in the best conference.

Shot Mechanics? He shoots 82.6% from the FT line. His 3 pt shooting could improve, but isn't bad if you get rid of the end of clock shots he was forced to take.

One thing Coach Chill needs to work with Bryant on playing to contact on drives rather than away from it. He's a very good FT shooter. When Bryant takes it to the rack. he often plays to the side or away from the big. He should attack the body of bigs. He'll get to the FT line more.
'

RJ, you don't have to respond to every post I make. I know you are still pissed off about the 40% thing but give it a rest.

Decision making and turnovers are not the same thing. The same is true of shooting mechanics and shooting percentage. If you actually watched the games and weren't so obsessed with stats you would know this.

Isn't Wright a PG or at least a CG? And isn't there talk that things are looking really good with at least one 2019 PG? If so, it seems that we aren't desperate to find another 2018 PG if Devoe and Ayo fall through.

Yeah, we do have a pretty highly rated combo guard committed already. Is that a concern to him? Who knows.

Just can't figure out why Devoe would choose GT over Wake? Two programs headed in different directions.

I hate GT, but are they really headed in a different direction? Their coach's first year ended unexpectedly on the bubble & he took them to the NIT championship game. That seems like a program that was in the dumps, but on the rise. If Devoe wants to be the man isn't Josh Okogie stand in the way?

RJ, you don't have to respond to every post I make. I know you are still pissed off about the 40% thing but give it a rest.

Decision making and turnovers are not the same thing. The same is true of shooting mechanics and shooting percentage. If you actually watched the games and weren't so obsessed with stats you would know this.

That is hilarious on so many levels.

First of all, your 40% posts are absolutely comical. they illustrate how little you understand about so many things.

As to Bryant's mechanics take a look at some stills https://www.google.com/search?q=bry...=Le_DWYX_Io-mjwOO2bOYAg#imgrc=kFOQg2KqoTzCRM:

I want people to remember the RCHILL just post that RJKARL is "so obsessed with stats you would know this.":bowrofl::bowrofl:

RChill thanks for giving so many people a big laugh. RJ the stat obsessed one. YEPPERS....

I hate GT, but are they really headed in a different direction? Their coach's first year ended unexpectedly on the bubble & he took them to the NIT championship game. That seems like a program that was in the dumps, but on the rise. If Devoe wants to be the man isn't Josh Okogie stand in the way?

Okogie is more of a scoring guard than a PG. He doesn't pas much.

That is hilarious on so many levels.

First of all, your 40% posts are absolutely comical. they illustrate how little you understand about so many things.

As to Bryant's mechanics take a look at some stills https://www.google.com/search?q=bry...=Le_DWYX_Io-mjwOO2bOYAg#imgrc=kFOQg2KqoTzCRM:

I want people to remember the RCHILL just post that RJKARL is "so obsessed with stats you would know this.":bowrofl::bowrofl:

RChill thanks for giving so many people a big laugh. RJ the stat obsessed one. YEPPERS....

I'm not the only one who has watched a bunch of wake games and noticed issues with Bryant's decision making and shot mechanics. The star comment was obviously a joke as you don't even understand basic statistics but I did find it comical that you disagreed with me based on turnovers and free throw percentage.

Of course you are too arrogant and lazy to actually look at game pictures of Bryant's shot mechanics. He isn't Klay Thompson, but Bryant's mechanics are solid. His shoulders are usually square. His elbow is typically bent at the right angle.

TOs are the major part of Bryant's decision making. He sees the court and delivers the ball properly better than any returning PG in the ACC. This is also a primary part of his decision making.

Some, like you. who don't understand the game bring up plays like the drive against Duke to say Bryant made a bad decision and took a bad shot. Whereas, he did exactly what was supposed to do. A lane opened up and JC had position to rebound. The only thing Bryant did wrong on that play was what I discussed earlier. He should have played into the contact not away from it.

You will likely bring up some of Bryant's shots late in the shot clock as bad decisions. Those shots were the only decision he could make.

The reality is every player can get better. But your take is like your 40% gibberish.

I bet we were given a 30-40% to beat Nova last year. RChill thinks that means we'd beat 3/4 out of 10. If both teams were healthy, we'd be lucky to beat them 1 out 15. They were a nightmare of match-ups for us, but RChill40 would disagree.

Back