• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-C basketball game

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Was reading about the UNC-C team. Seems they have two guards that like to drive the basketball to the hole. Considering the defensive skills of our guards and the foul problems that Collins seems to have, maybe we play some zone and put Doral in the middle. Might be worth a try.

Their tallest player is 6-7. I assume that will be problematic against John Collins.

Vegas has the Deacs by 15, KP Deacs by 13.

Last edited:
We should use our size to our advantage and dictate the game to UNCC, but Manning always prefers to let the other team dictate how we play so I'm assuming we will go small.

We should use our size to our advantage and dictate the game to UNCC, but Manning always prefers to let the other team dictate how we play so I'm assuming we will go small.

What nonsense...

We literally just beat a team with an elite center by going small and forcing matchups in our favor offensively.

Their tallest player is 6-7. I assume that will be problematic against John Collins.

Vegas has the Deacs by 15, KP Deacs by 13.

Charlotte is very undersized. They are 276th in average height, and they would be even lower on that list, but they have two 7 footers that rarely play. Charlotte's starting lineup is:

PG - 6-3
SG - 6-1
SF - 6-3
PF - 6-4
C - 6-7

No player in their top 9 is taller than 6-7. As would be expected, Charlotte gets killed on the Boards as they are #318 in getting offensive boards, and #292 in preventing their opponent for getting offensive boards. Charlotte does shoot well 39.2% from 3; 77% from the line, and they don't turn the ball over much. Charlotte does push the ball up the court as they are #30 in Tempo.

BTW, the Charlotte coach is former GT and NBA star Mark Price; #21 Hudson Price is the coach's son. He transferred to Charlotte from TCU; he typically comes off the bench for Charlotte. Charlotte's best player is their PG Jon Davis; he shoots 50% from 3, and from the field. He also doesn't turn it over a lot.

Collins should have a field day against Charlotte.

Davis will be a good matchup for Crawford.

They shoot 39% from 3's and just 46% from 2's, yet rank well below average in 3PA/FGA. Shooting more 3's is something they should probably make a conscious effort to do.

Over/Under - 4 dunks for Doral?

We have to stop penetration and not just jack up 3's. Need to feed the big man and cut down on fast breaks.

Hope JC can stay out of foul trouble and give us a healthy lead. Would like to see Doral and some of the younger guys get some run.

Back