• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-C basketball game

First off, I specifically was looking at the center position...Rod Griffin was a stud (the turnaround, fade away jumper was a thing of beauty) but he was a forward. I don't recall Sam Ivy or Chris King playing the 5. Rodney Rogers surely didn't. And yes, we had guys who had good games in ACC games (I am trying to remember if the guy's name was Medlin or something like that, who seemingly doubled his season totals by having a career game vs. UNC their very good center). My comment was based upon the observation for a long time we lacked the big center, but someone would come in that would raise our hopes up. However, the consistency wasn't there and the production dropped off precipitously in ACC play leaving us to hope again for the next recruit.

JC is a PF. He's basically what Teachey and Guy Morgan were.

You did bring up Darius by name and his numbers did not tank.

Show us guys who were good and dropped 50% or so as you alluded to.

All this talk about great Wake big men of the past and no one brings up Chas??? WTF??? He was only the greatest big man to EVER suit up in gold and black. Duncan was pretty good but not really in the same class as Chas McFarland. Not only exceptional athletic ability but a coach on the floor as well. All that in a 7-0 frame of ugly intimidation. He was voted the player opponents least wanted to play against for 3 consecutive years.

If there is a God in heaven, some day this marvel of fortitude will come back to Wake where his coaching genius and irascible determination can finally lead Wake to the promised land, the final four.

Yo, Knowell! What do you think of Phonz?

(This is a gotcha question. Testing my hypothesis)

Some how we missed Visser, he went from bit player to very solid by sr year (hope the stats support his inclusion).

Remember with Chris King, he went from being one of our best option to playing with RR in his Sr. season. Also remember Chris King did wind up in the NBA, where most of the other 'good' centers on the list never got a cup of coffee.

Oh and 3rd team All ACC sr year.

Last edited:
Some how we missed Visser, he went from bit player to very solid by sr year (hope the stats support his inclusion).

Remember with Chris King, he went from being one of our best option to playing with RR in his Sr. season. Also remember Chris King did wind up in the NBA, where most of the other 'good' centers on the list never got a cup of coffee.

Oh and 3rd team All ACC sr year.

Chris King wasn't a center. He may have been forced to play center some, but he was an ideal PF/SF.

Chris King wasn't a center. He may have been forced to play center some, but he was an ideal PF/SF.

We had the deadweight trio of Medlin, Wise, and Kitley to play center. No need for Chris to play center.

Center or not his name was brought up. He was an NBA player.

We had the deadweight trio of Medlin, Wise, and Kitley to play center. No need for Chris to play center.

And Greg Keith for a year...how could anyone forget the twin flowers combo of Kitley and Keith.

Let's not forget Ralph's sidekick, Hartmut Ortmann!

No one will care but me, maybe you, but Hart never played with Kitley. You may be thinking of Wessel, they were indeed a terrible twosome.

We are going to lose him. He is going to average like 17/10 in conference. That is going to put him in discussion for a 1st round pick.

Collins currently at 15.5 ppg and 6 rpg in the ACC and he's jumped up into a first round pick on Draft Express.

Decent ways to go in the season, but Sig was ahead on this one where a lot of people on here were underrating JC.

Lets hope he wants to stick around and play with his current brethren and his additional brethren, Chaundee Brown, next season too.

IF we keep everyone around, next season could be pretty special. Not writing off this year either.

Back