• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-C basketball game

I didn't say "elite" to begin with, but he's one of four players to average over 15 PPG, 6 RPG, and 5 APG. "Elite" is probably strong, but he's a damn good player.

And ranked the #23 college player in basketball by some ESPN list. Sweet argument to pick.

Oops - I guess I get to be "I didn't even know we had a game today" guy this time.

We make these games close. I think it will be a 8 point game and I am not sure Wake will win.

We make these games close. I think it will be a 8 point game and I am not sure Wake will win.

What games have we "made close" this year? We were up 25 on Coastal and let them get to 4 in the second half. I'll concede that one. Every other win has been dominant, or comfortable in the final 5 minutes.

Charlotte is the worst team remaining on our schedule. Of course we could lose, but it's very unlikely to lose to a 15 point underdog (10% of the time or less).

What games have we "made close" this year? We were up 25 on Coastal and let them get to 4 in the second half. I'll concede that one. Every other win has been dominant, or comfortable in the final 5 minutes.

Charlotte is the worst team remaining on our schedule. Of course we could lose, but it's very unlikely to lose to a 15 point underdog (10% of the time or less).

Is Charlotte really worse than Boston College?

I decided to look, and sure enough BC is ranked lower.

Is Charlotte really worse than Boston College?

I decided to look, and sure enough BC is ranked lower.

They are roughly equivalent, but Charlotte is a couple spots worse.

If this game is close or we lose it's going to be a long, long season.

To follow up. Charlotte winning outright is +850, so if you really think they will win then put $100 on it so you can reap the $850 you will get in return when they pull the upset.

Most similar games tonight to ours are:

Fort Wayne @ Notre Dame (90%)
UC-Irvine @ Arizona (92%)
NJIT @ Minnesota (92%)

I think RJ needs to retract his adamant three point statistics saying we're one of the best in the country. Ever since he's said that we've shot the three ball like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think RJ needs to retract his adamant three point statistics saying we're one of the best in the country. Ever since he's said that we've shot the three ball like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We suck at threes....how's that?

How often has WF managed to lose "sure wins"!

How many times has Wake lost 89% chance wins before? I would guess less than 5 times since 2000, if that. I can try to get those numbers for you but will take some time.

How many times has Wake lost 89% chance wins before? I would guess less than 5 times since 2000, if that. I can try to get those numbers for you but will take some time.

No need.

Would love to have a 30 point win, so I can just relax and enjoy. Not many of those in recent years.

No need.

Would love to have a 30 point win, so I can just relax and enjoy. Not many of those in recent years.

KenPom started in 2002. Sub 100 losses each year since then:

2002- @Clemson (ranked 132nd)
2003- None
2004- None
2005- @FSU 91-83 (101st)
2006- @Georgia Tech (104th)
2007- @South Florida (150th)
2008- @Boston College, @N.C. State
2009- None
2010- William & Mary (106th)
2011- Stetson (300th), Winthrop (221st), UNC-W (Neutral, 203rd), Presbyterian (253rd)
2012- Arizona State (Neutral, 230th), Richmond (109th), Wofford (196th), @Maryland (133rd), @Georgia Tech (174th), Maryland (Neutral, 133rd)
2013- Nebraska (136th), Seton Hall (117th), @Clemson (111th), @Virginia Tech (169th), @Georgia Tech (102nd), @Boston College (107th) Georgia Tech (102nd), @FSU (120th)
2014- @Georgia Tech (114th), Boston College (142nd)
2015- Iona (100th), Delaware State (262nd, 92.8% chance to win), @Boston College (110th), Virginia Tech (175th)
2016- None
2017- None

If I had to guess I would say that Stetson was at least 89% or higher because Wake started the year ranked 107th in KenPom, while Stetson was 289th. Other than that there's not a single one up there that comes close with the exception of maybe Winthrop, but I'm guessing we were around 80-85% in that one.

In the past 15 years we have lost 2 games in which we had an 89%+ chance of winning. So no...that doesn't happen all the time.

Also...going through that made me despise Jeff [name redacted] even more.

Losses to Sub-100 KP teams:

Prosser (6 years) - 4 (all on the road)
Gaudio (3 years) - 3 (2 on the road, 1 at home)
[name redacted] (4 years) - 20 (8 at home, 12 neutral/road)
Manning (2 1/2 years)- 4 (2 at home, 1 road, 1 neutral)

[name redacted] (4 years) - 20 (8 at home, 12 neutral/road)

Wow, 20 losses in 4 years to teams #100 and below. Hard to believe that any WF fans continued to suffer with the program after that disaster.

He tied Prosser and Manning in sub-100 losses with sub-200 losses alone.

Back