• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

bored14n-1-web.jpg

What if we hire Barclay as a coach and then fire Clawson and the new coach doesn't retain Barclay but we get him a good as the radio guy and then Barclay leaks our playbook?!

Interesting. One year as a DC but plenty of Special Teams experience.

THE SAWVEL FILE Coaching Experience
2016-present: Minnesota - Defensive Coordinator
2011-15: Minnesota - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
2008-10: Northern Illinois - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
2001-07: Southern Illinois - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
1999-00: Ferris State - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
1996-99: Notre Dame - Graduate Assistant
1994-95: Eastern Kentucky - Graduate Assistant

Sawvel is a name that I know via following recruiting. Very active in the Minnesota's efforts to recruit southern states. Maybe LA, MS, AL, GA, and FL. I can't remember exactly, but he has shouldered a big enough load that I remember his name from recruiting. That, plus his P5 experience with a similar scheme make him intriguing.

On a separate note, a reminder to NOT forward any of the information in Creamy's PM until the process that he describes (very eloquently) is complete.

Sawvel is a name that I know via following recruiting. Very active in the Minnesota's efforts to recruit southern states. Maybe LA, MS, AL, GA, and FL. I can't remember exactly, but he has shouldered a big enough load that I remember his name from recruiting. That, plus his P5 experience with a similar scheme make him intriguing.

On a separate note, a reminder to NOT forward any of the information in Creamy's PM until the process that he describes (very eloquently) is complete.

OK. Deac94 wouldn't pull our leg. I don't think.

PM Please.

OK. Deac94 wouldn't pull our leg. I don't think.

PM Please.

Wait a second, did I just get PhDeac to ask for the PM?

Sorry guys, but after reading through pages of discussion of Creamy's PM I couldn't help but play along.

Back